www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Track return possible

Go down

Track return possible Empty Track return possible

Post by GD Tue 12 Aug 2008, 7:50 pm

THE top man in local football admits the GFA is in a quandary over the staging of next year’s Muratti Vase final.

It could be either at Foote’s Lane, which has staged three finals since 2003, or see a return to the Track, its spiritual home for more than a century.

Le Tissier had already hinted of a return to the Track when speaking at the Belgraves’ end-of-season dinner in the spring.
‘When I was representative director I made a speech at the Bels dinner when I said I would be having discussions with Hilary [Sarre] re next season’s Muratti and with a view to seeing what the viability was of a Muratti returning to the Track.’
But that was before a significant change of scenario.
‘The inter-insular [competition] rules have changed now.
‘Whereas in previous years any profit have been split 40-40-20 at senior level, the new rules say all profits are kept by the home association.
‘There is for and against for both of them [venues] and a decision will be made in the next few months.’

The last time the Muratti final was played at the Track was in 2001 when Guernsey romped to a 4-1 (from thisisguernsey)

Bring it back to the track...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum