www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Education.... GD Forgot to add this as a Guernsey Subject!!

3 posters

Go down

Education.... GD Forgot to add this as a Guernsey Subject!! Empty Education.... GD Forgot to add this as a Guernsey Subject!!

Post by Barney Gumble Tue 19 Aug 2008, 8:27 pm

School Uniforms

Here we go, (and i wait with baited breath for.... 'Well if you dont like it, theres a boat out of Guernsey!')

Uniforms seem to be another form of income for private firms and the States (they have a say in this??)

My son soon starts in year 10 at Le Murier/St Sampsons whatever they call it. But the uniform will run into alot of money, coupled with my 4 year old sons start at Amherst, moneys getting a bit tight! I work but have the run of the mill bills and living expenses to pay.

My point is, when i went to school (Yes, a UK Comprehensive) they had uniform. Money was tight for my parents, but as long as you bough the school 'Tie' and wore it, white shirt and black trousers/shoes you had a uniform. Some bought shirts from tesco, some bought from Marks and Spencers and even charity shops. My parents were so poor, i even had to borrow a v neck jumper from lost property for a school photo!!

Sports kit was outlined in a uniform release to parents. Colours were set ie.. Rugby kit, blue shorts, burgundy socks and white polo shirt. Nobody cared where it was bought from, as long as thecolours were right.

According to the website www.podgers.gg all the uniform is sold by them and seems to be branded as well. i dont give a rats @rse if Slazenger manufactered the shirt. As long as my kids go to school in the right colours, i'll buy from sprts direct.

Who else agrees? This is PC gone to friggin far!
Barney Gumble
Barney Gumble

Male
Number of posts : 442
Job/hobbies : Drunkard
Humor : Buuuuuurp!
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Education.... GD Forgot to add this as a Guernsey Subject!! Empty Re: Education.... GD Forgot to add this as a Guernsey Subject!!

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Tue 19 Aug 2008, 9:20 pm

Great post and I fully agree with you. Theres BIG money in school uniforms.........

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Education.... GD Forgot to add this as a Guernsey Subject!! Empty Re: Education.... GD Forgot to add this as a Guernsey Subject!!

Post by GD Tue 19 Aug 2008, 10:20 pm

Not Quite BG moved this to the right Subject..lol
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down