www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sark forum hopes to heal rifts ... "Is this a Political Party?"

Go down

Sark forum hopes to heal rifts ... "Is this a Political Party?" Empty Sark forum hopes to heal rifts ... "Is this a Political Party?"

Post by GD Wed 27 Aug 2008, 12:46 pm

A group of residents have set up a forum to try to find common ground in Sark politics. The island has had a tumultuous year, with divisions over constitutional reform and building projects backed by the Barclay Brothers.

Now the new forum members say they are open-minded and want to "build a consensus of common sense." They hope the forum could become a go-between for Chief Pleas and the general public. Member Deputy Paul Armorgie summed up the pain that's felt over a divided Sark for Channel Online:

"We all know what we're looking to achieve. Above all else I think it's a great sadness that there is a division within the island as a result of this. I would like to think that we could come to some sort of compromise position. We've agreed that democracy is the right way forwards for Sark, that seems to be supported by the Barclays." (from CIonline)

I wonder if Senator Syvret would call this a Political Party?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum