www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Innocence being destroyed by PC fear of sexual predators?

5 posters

Go down

Innocence being destroyed by PC fear of sexual predators? Empty Innocence being destroyed by PC fear of sexual predators?

Post by Troy McClure Tue 23 Sep 2008, 7:12 pm

Not strictly an education issue, but as it involves a school policy I thought I'd post here.

Am I wrong to be furious at my child's school's policy?

My daughter, aged 7years old, came home from school upset yesterday because a teacher had told her off for playing on the school playground climbing frame in her uniform.

I was as confused as she was, and so made enquiries. It would seem that the school now has a policy that the girls must change into their PE shorts before playing on the climbing frame, as when playing in a skirt their knickers might be seen as they climb and swing, and this obviously is unacceptable when there might be a male member of staff on playground duty.!

Seriously, is this where we have come to? what message does this send to our 4year olds? Shouldn't the school just try to employ members of staff who aren't pedophiles? and why are only the male teachers a threat? what about lesbians? surely they salivate uncontrollably at the sight of a 4 year old girl flashing them provocatively as they perform a rolly-polly, just as much as the red-blooded heterosexual males?

Now that I've had the reason for the policy explained, how should I explain it to my daughter? Do I explain that her teachers might get sexual gratification from seeing her play? explain that her teachers might be sexual predators?

Idiots.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Innocence being destroyed by PC fear of sexual predators? Empty Re: Innocence being destroyed by PC fear of sexual predators?

Post by MarkyD Tue 23 Sep 2008, 8:54 pm

I can understand your frustration Troy, but I'm not sure I share entirely the same view. Yes, this is where we have come to I'm afraid - gone are the days where you can leave your doors open and clip a cheeky child in the street round the ear etc etc.

On a more sinister note, we do have occurrences of predators targeting schools - and incidentally I don't necessarily mean that they work there as teachers - don't make the mistake of jumping to that conclusion. Sub-contracted work personnel, visitors and even passers by who happen to be in view of a playground could all get a sense of gratification from the example you have given.

There is obviously a limit to what we can reasonably do to protect our children (I have a 7 year old boy and an 8 year old girl), but unfortunately we have to balance our level of protection with the behaviour of the worst of today's society.

What do you tell your daughter? If it were me in the same situation, I wouldn't lie to her, but I would just tell her that the school now has a policy that requires children to be wearing PE kit (shorts) for any activity of a PE nature - or whatever rules the school has put in place.

I assume that the school has already circulated this policy to students and parents, and if not then I think they better do so pretty fast. I wouldn't personally go into further detail about the reasons behind the policy with your daughter - she will work it out when she is ready.

I know that we are still lucky enough in the Channel Islands not to have the same level of risk to our children than the mainland has, but is this really a good example of something to be fighting the school over? I wouldn't - and let's face it - has their innocence and enjoyment of the climbing frame or other play equipment really been compromised if they get told to wear a pair of shorts to do it?
MarkyD
MarkyD

Male
Number of posts : 1148
Job/hobbies : Professional Layabout
Humor : Manic - varying from dirty to clinically insane
Registration date : 2008-05-11

http://www.cwgsy.net/community/minimotoraceclub

Back to top Go down

Innocence being destroyed by PC fear of sexual predators? Empty Re: Innocence being destroyed by PC fear of sexual predators?

Post by kiwis kitten Tue 23 Sep 2008, 9:01 pm

Troy McClure wrote:

what about lesbians? surely they salivate uncontrollably at the sight of a 4 year old girl flashing them provocatively as they perform a rolly-polly,

What!!! .......what a stupid statement!!!! :roll:

When i was at school.....way back....when we changed into our PE kit ..if we happened to show our underwear we were fined.....lol

So even back then there were ground rules laid out.....
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Tue 23 Sep 2008, 10:33 pm

I think by changing all the rules we are just giving in to them, why should our kids lives be dictated by the perverts in the world.

And what about the poor 5 - 10 year old boys at junior schools that will never get to see a girls knickers in the playground :-)
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by voiceforchildren Sat 13 Dec 2008, 11:53 am

voiceforchildren

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down