www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Environment united against paid parking

3 posters

Go down

Environment united against paid parking Empty Environment united against paid parking

Post by GD Thu 02 Oct 2008, 2:05 pm

IT LOOKS increasingly likely that there will be an attempt to stop the introduction of paid parking. Environment member Deputy Barry Paint has confirmed that all five board members are against its introduction.

He was the only member of the department not in the States last term, so the way he would have voted on the Brouard amendment in March to scrap paid parking was not known for certain until now.

But fellow board members deputies Jenny Tasker, Jack Honeybill and Janine Le Sauvage all supported that attempt and with Environment minister Peter Sirett telling the Guernsey Press two weeks ago that he felt there were better ways of funding the traffic strategy than paid parking, it seems inevitable that the department’s next report to the States on the matter will ask for it to be scrapped.

‘I’m absolutely against paid parking,’ said Deputy Paint. ‘It is hitting the poorer people of our society again. You have all the girls and boys on low wages who work in the shops in Town who will have to pay for it whereas the highly-paid person working in a bank will have it paid for them. (from BBC online)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Environment united against paid parking Empty Re: Environment united against paid parking

Post by Digger Thu 02 Oct 2008, 4:36 pm

I have been saying this for a long time now , again its the less well who would be affected the most when they can ill afford it.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Environment united against paid parking Empty Re: Environment united against paid parking

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sun 05 Oct 2008, 9:36 pm

At last some sense spoken. It s a pity the rest of the departments dont follow suit........still theres time.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down