www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember the first time...

3 posters

Go down

Remember the first time... Empty Remember the first time...

Post by GD Thu 23 Oct 2008, 1:45 pm

... you had a sex education lesson? Chances are it involved a teacher trying to be matter-of-fact, some degree of giggling, and a banana.
With sex and relationship classes to be compulsory in all England's schools for the first time, there will be yet more memories of embarrassed giggling over plastic ovaries and trying not to itch as teacher talks about STDs.
Sex education is a lesson that no-one ever forgets, often despite one's own best efforts.
"My first sex education lesson filled me with fear, because an older pupil told me the teacher would strip off to show us all his bits before demonstrating how to wear a condom," says Tom.
"I took a seat at the back, squirming with embarrassment and anticipation, wondering where I would look when he started undressing. But it was very mundane. A fully-clothed teacher passed around the contraceptives, and the cervical cap was returned with holes wreaked by a compass."
At Jane's mixed grammar school, only the girls got the classes. "We didn't get them until 13 and then only if it rained, instead of PE. Our teacher was a bit doddery and clearly embarrassed. We had a textbook, but never progressed, in five years, beyond the lifecycle of a frog.
"When one teenager got pregnant, the teacher seemed surprised: 'I can't understand it, she attended my classes'."
The lifecycle of a frog also strikes a chord with Kathryn. "I went to a Catholic school, with nuns. They didn't do sex education - at all."

And Rob recalls a video narrated by a man with a broad Scottish accent. "He referred to girls having Volvos a lot. Given my middle-class upbringing, I did not find that especially surprising."
Bill remembers little more than a faded animated film about VD. "The infected person had green animated dots buzzing all over them to show they had the clap."
Not that it's so easy to tell in real life. But another teaching aid - graphic depictions of birth or of the symptoms of sexually transmitted infections - generally provoked squirming rather than snickers.
For all the squirming and red faces, it can also be something of a relief to have all the weird things puberty does to your body, heart and head explained.
And then go out into the school yard to find out the real story from your mates. (from BBC news)

Did you have sex education at school, if so what was it like?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Remember the first time... Empty Re: Remember the first time...

Post by Digger Thu 23 Oct 2008, 4:45 pm

No such thing at my school not that i can remember. :-)
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 23 Oct 2008, 7:09 pm

we were told about ladies monthlys but that was about it and even that wasn't until we were 12 years old.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down