www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of dairy industry’

Go down

End of dairy industry’ Empty End of dairy industry’

Post by GD Fri 31 Oct 2008, 5:39 pm

DEPUTIES were told yesterday to mark Wednesday in their diary as the day that they pressed the button on the demise of the dairy industry.
The warning came in a powerful speech by Dave Jones which at times had members tutting and groaning.
He had seconded the Lowe amendment to give milk retailers total exclusivity on delivering milk products, which was overwhelmingly defeated on Wednesday.
‘I heard much yesterday about shackling the Dairy and how keeping what we have always had will somehow prevent the Dairy from becoming more efficient. What utter rot.
‘The Dairy is inefficient because of a catalogue of bad management, not because of the milk retailers.’
He said the collapse would not happen tomorrow or the next day.
‘It will be a slow lingering death of an industry that has been in Guernsey for over a thousand years and its last death throws will have started on your watch. You will be the group of elected deputies the public will hold responsible.’ (from thisisguernsey)

I cannot see how you give a "Monolopy" situation in today's world, if you gave this to the milkmen then where would it stop?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

End of dairy industry’ Empty Re: End of dairy industry’

Post by GD Sun 02 Nov 2008, 9:00 pm

Commerce and Employment could find themselves in court if they don't offer milk retailers compensation…. That's according to Deputy Mary Lowe who fought for roundsmen to get exclusive rights to sell milk by-products to commercial customers. Her amendment was lost in this week's States debate, but she's warning the department to come up with an offer of compensation quickly. She's confident the roundsmen do have a legal case.(from Island FM)

More money wasted...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down