www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabriel’s 10 shops are off the market

2 posters

Go down

Gabriel’s 10 shops are off the market Empty Gabriel’s 10 shops are off the market

Post by GD Mon 01 Dec 2008, 7:13 pm

Gabriel’s 10 shops are off the market

By Anna Brehaut

Gabriel’s 10 shops are off the market 0512078A

A year ago already. Brian Gabriel shuts up shop for good.

THE former Gabriel’s shops are no longer for sale.
A year ago today the family-run business closed and the premises were put on the market.
But the Gabriel family has now decided to withdraw the 10 shops from sale.
Brian Gabriel, who was a director of the business, said the family had come to the decision as the property market had begun to fall.
‘We are looking at other plans,’ he said. ‘We will be seeking advice and then, once we have had some, we will have a clearer idea of what we will do.’
He said that the family had many ideas as to what it could do with the buildings. ‘Some are sensible and some aren’t, but the buildings will remain for retail purposes. The other floors may not.’ (from thisisguernsey)

It will be great to see some life back in fountain street, the whole site looks a mess with the empty shops on one side and the disgraceful looking town market on the other, what the designers were thinking when they drew up the plans for that I have no idea...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Gabriel’s 10 shops are off the market Empty Re: Gabriel’s 10 shops are off the market

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Tue 02 Dec 2008, 5:43 am

I just hope that the lower section are rented out to local retailers and are not developed into offices. One can not blame the family for taking them off the market but one hopes that any development does not breach any building controls. I am sure the family will take into consideration the historic architecture and history of the Fountain street. Brian Gabriel is 100% correct when it comes to the market…….bloody disgraceful………

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum