www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electricity in Guernsey to go up 17%

+4
Thistle
The Gimp
Digger
GD
8 posters

Go down

Electricity in Guernsey to go up 17% Empty Electricity in Guernsey to go up 17%

Post by GD Fri 23 Jan 2009, 6:08 pm

Guernsey Electricity have just announced a 17% rise, this sounds crazy to me with oil prices etc dropping,

Plus this is probally going to be the 1st of many high price increases over the next year...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Electricity in Guernsey to go up 17% Empty Re: Electricity in Guernsey to go up 17%

Post by Digger Fri 23 Jan 2009, 7:25 pm

A news article on the economy in the UK , the government have stated that they will do everything to reduce costs on everything to help people affected by the now official rescission . So what do our government do they look for any excuse to stealth tax us and stand by while the only electricity supplier we have hike up prices .

We were told that this hugely expensive cable link to France would guarantee lower costs for the consumer ,so what happened there then another lie ! I am truly concerned about the elderly who can barely heat their homes now let alone a 17% rise on top. With this and everything else on top what chance do they have.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Electricity in Guernsey to go up 17% Empty Re: Electricity in Guernsey to go up 17%

Post by The Gimp Fri 23 Jan 2009, 7:38 pm

During the high prices of oil there was a big push on fitting electric boilers and in some cases people were taking out perfectly good oil boilers to replace with the electric ones.

i bet GE are laughing.
The Gimp
The Gimp

Male
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Fri 23 Jan 2009, 8:04 pm

i have night storage heaters in all my rooms.next winter i will only use the ones i have to eg lounge,daughter bedroom and kitchen on very low setting
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Wed 01 Apr 2009, 7:06 pm

Electricity prices in Guernsey are going up by almost a fifth from today….
Guernsey Electricity's tariffs are increasing by 17 %. The hike was
agreed after a review by the Office of Utility Regulation found oil and
electricity import costs can no longer be absorbed by the company.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Wed 01 Apr 2009, 7:30 pm

Well at least they're easing us into it with BST - next winter is when all the lowley paid and pensioners will freeze!!!!! By then it must be a case of food or warmth the way prices are hiking at the moment!!!! today I went into the Co-op and a tin of Bondouelle Chopped Spinach, which up until the end of last week was 64p today was a massive 99p .... how's that for inflation!!! (no I didn't buy it) :x

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 01 Apr 2009, 7:46 pm

a disgrace imo.nothing but greed.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Wed 01 Apr 2009, 9:15 pm

karma wrote:Well at least they're easing us into it with BST - next winter is when all the lowley paid and pensioners will freeze!!!!! By then it must be a case of food or warmth the way prices are hiking at the moment!!!! today I went into the Co-op and a tin of Bondouelle Chopped Spinach, which up until the end of last week was 64p today was a massive 99p .... how's that for inflation!!! (no I didn't buy it) :x

I'd give spinach the chop everytime :sick3:
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Wed 01 Apr 2009, 9:17 pm

I love it raw as well - so saving on electricity :-)

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gimp Wed 01 Apr 2009, 9:28 pm

Good job you dont live in Alderney.

1 kwh is about 50p
The Gimp
The Gimp

Male
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Wed 01 Apr 2009, 10:28 pm

The Electric in many states in the US is going up by 30% its a worldwide problem not just us here in guernsey.

And it not only electric,

I have been going through price increases today that have just come into effect and although the majority are below 10% I have seen some items go up 25% and a few over 40% in the past 18 months.

The only good thing is that the UK manufactures are not increasing by much and some not going up at all so British made goods are going to be a better buy than imported goods for the forseeable Future.

Time to get the wave or tidal generation thing going, it must be more viable now than ever.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Thu 02 Apr 2009, 5:48 pm

wayside wrote:..............Time to get the wave or tidal generation thing going, it must be more viable now than ever.

Yes, what is happening with that, seems to have gone awfully quiet!! How much did we spend on "experts" to advise us?

Perhaps Dave Jones might have a suitable response if he has the time to read this? The question is, "what is happening, if anything, with wind or tidal power to generate electricity?" :scratch:
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down