www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The days of walking into a job have gone

3 posters

Go down

The days of walking into a job have gone Empty The days of walking into a job have gone

Post by GD Mon 26 Jan 2009, 6:19 pm

THERE are more candidates than jobs, local recruitment agencies report.
All agencies still have vacancies on their books but are no longer able to accommodate everyone looking for work, said director of ASA Recruitment Tim Booth.
‘Before, the main problem for us was finding a candidate for a job,’ he said. ‘But now we have lots of candidates.’
The fear of ending up out of work has resulted in more people remaining in their current posts.
‘Business has been quiet,’ said Mr Booth. ‘People have been tending to stay where they are and not move job unless they have to. They want job security. I think this will get worse.’
Problems in the finance sector had caused the biggest difficulties, he said. Some recruitment there had been frozen.
Approved Personnel has also felt the change.
‘We haven’t seen a drop in our members,’ said senior manager Steve Gibson (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

The days of walking into a job have gone Empty Re: The days of walking into a job have gone

Post by kingcolemk Mon 26 Jan 2009, 7:45 pm

That seems to me to be a very defeatist thread title GD. I don't know where you got it, but I would suggest that all recessions sort themselves out eventually.

Perhaps 'The days of walking into a job are postponed for a while' would be more encouraging title.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

The days of walking into a job have gone Empty Re: The days of walking into a job have gone

Post by Minx Mon 26 Jan 2009, 9:39 pm

Actually - it was in the Guernsey Press - so don't shoot the messenger ie GD!

Maybe there are some people who are finding it hard, but is it because they are finding it hard to get exactly what they want and not what is available?

My employer has struggled to get staff in the not so distant past, but I must admit, whilst they haven't exactly frozen the head count, they are being picky about what area they are looking to recruit in.

Minx

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Mon 26 Jan 2009, 9:58 pm

kingcolemk wrote:That seems to me to be a very defeatist thread title GD. I don't know where you got it, but I would suggest that all recessions sort themselves out eventually.

Perhaps 'The days of walking into a job are postponed for a while' would be more encouraging title.

I admit that it was taken from the GEP, but I do feel that they are right,

OK this recession will end at some stage, but I don't think that the Island's will see the "Boom" as in previous years,

Employers will be more fussy who they take on, and the ease of just getting into a job because of employer desperation will probally never happen again

Maybe I am wrong but time will tell...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum