www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deputy to lead investigation into airlines’ excess baggage charges

3 posters

Go down

Deputy to lead investigation into airlines’ excess baggage charges Empty Deputy to lead investigation into airlines’ excess baggage charges

Post by GD Sat 31 Jan 2009, 6:36 pm

SOME airlines operating in Jersey are abusing their position and charging extortionate fees for excess baggage, says a newly elected States Member.
Deputy Montfort Tadier plans to investigate excess baggage charges and hidden fees imposed by carriers following complaints from Islanders.
He said that excess baggage penalties were too high and that airlines should make passengers more aware of such charges at the time of booking. At the next States sitting Deputy Tadier plans to ask Members if anything can be done to curb excess baggage costs.
He said: ‘I understand that the airlines need to make money, but my concern is that they are abusing their position and charging extortionate fees which the traveller has little choice but to pay. Several of my constituents have contacted me on the issue and I have been in contact with the Consumer Council, who have also had many complaints about extortionate baggage fees and hidden charges (from thisisjersey)

Not only Jersey, Flybe in Guernsey has very high excess baggage charges...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Deputy to lead investigation into airlines’ excess baggage charges Empty Re: Deputy to lead investigation into airlines’ excess baggage charges

Post by Thistle Sat 31 Jan 2009, 6:52 pm

maybe one of our deputies would like to take up the matter with flybe etc on behalf of guernseys travelling public
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Deputy to lead investigation into airlines’ excess baggage charges Empty Re: Deputy to lead investigation into airlines’ excess baggage charges

Post by wayside Sat 31 Jan 2009, 7:37 pm

I dont ofen agree that there are gross ripping off by companies but the cost of excess baggaige is one area that does need looking at and there should be a way of booking extra weight in adance at a reasonable price.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum