www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toyota stores unsold vehicles on ship

4 posters

Go down

Toyota stores unsold vehicles on ship Empty Toyota stores unsold vehicles on ship

Post by GD Wed 25 Feb 2009, 2:55 pm

As unsold vehicles mount up across the globe, the carmaker Toyota has stashed some of its stock on an empty cargo ship.
The Japanese manufacturer has hired a ship in the Swedish port of Malmo to store thousands of unsold cars, reported EU Observer.
“It’s an emergency measure that we had to take due to storage space issues,” said a Toyotoa spokeswoman.
The decision to store 2,500 cars aboard a vessel was made last month when the Malmo port facility reached its limit of 12,000 cars.
“We hope to keep the time of this measure as short as possible, as we are continuously adapting our production level,” added Toyota.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Toyota stores unsold vehicles on ship Empty Re: Toyota stores unsold vehicles on ship

Post by Troy McClure Wed 25 Feb 2009, 3:20 pm

Nobody's buying. Same story everywhere it seems; I heard of one very large local company just this morning, the guy I deal with said that he'd finished work for the week most likely and would just be tidying his desk until Friday unless something crops up, and one whole dept. of tradesman (I'd guess 20-30 guys) have nothing booked in for the whole of March!

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Toyota stores unsold vehicles on ship Empty Re: Toyota stores unsold vehicles on ship

Post by Dell Wed 25 Feb 2009, 6:11 pm

So, these late 2008 / early 2009 model cars will be what model when (and if!) they are sold?

Special discounts may be available, but that is only good for those who are in the financial position to benefit {certainly cuts me - and most of the population - out then!!}

I would love a new motor, Toyota stores unsold vehicles on ship Car-smiley-019 the old 3-wheeler has had its day!
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 25 Feb 2009, 6:14 pm

so would i dell.just think we could all be eco friendly driving lovely new motors with smaller engines
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down