www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC Disabled Presenter Victim Of Hate Campaign

+6
EDDIE
bug1
wayside
Thistle
10 posters

Go down

BBC Disabled Presenter Victim Of Hate Campaign Empty BBC Disabled Presenter Victim Of Hate Campaign

Post by Thistle Sat 14 Mar 2009, 10:30 am

Disabled BBC presenter 'scaring' children

BBC Disabled Presenter Victim Of Hate Campaign 160x120_cerrie_burnell

A disabled BBC presenter has become the victim of a campaign after parents suggested that she may scare children.Worried parents claim that Cerrie Burnell - who was born with one arm - should not front CBeebies shows.The
decision to hire her has prompted a series of complaints to the BBC
from angry parents. One father said that he wants to ban his daughter
from watching the channel because he fears she may 'suffer nightmares'.Another
parent wrote: "Is it just me, or does anyone else think the new woman
presenter on CBeebies may scare the kids because of her disability?"Burnell and co-presenter Alex Winters stepped in as hosts of The Bedtime Hour and Discover and Do last month.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

BBC Disabled Presenter Victim Of Hate Campaign Empty Re: BBC Disabled Presenter Victim Of Hate Campaign

Post by Thistle Sat 14 Mar 2009, 10:32 am

this is a load of nonsense and if the BBC give into this campaign i will refuse to pay my television licence.people with disabilities have rights to.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes

Back to top Go down

BBC Disabled Presenter Victim Of Hate Campaign Empty Re: BBC Disabled Presenter Victim Of Hate Campaign

Post by Digger Sat 14 Mar 2009, 10:41 am

What is the world coming to ? its about time people grew up and look at the world as it really is not what they want it to be .

Lets banish all people who look a little different to a island somewhere right out of the way .

Reality check me thinks !!
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sat 14 Mar 2009, 11:08 am

I would have thought it was a really good way for children to learn that nothing should hold them back - there surely must be diabled children out there who she gives heart to!!!! 'fraid once again it doesn't say much for the intelligence of some parents.....

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Sat 14 Mar 2009, 1:23 pm

I think once its pubicised the majority will support her or at least I would like to think so.

If she does her job well then I dont see how they can get rid of her, not without a big payoff.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Sat 14 Mar 2009, 4:32 pm

Like Digger says,a realty check needed
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by EDDIE Sat 14 Mar 2009, 4:44 pm

Thistle wrote:this is a load of nonsense and if the BBC give into this campaign i will refuse to pay my television licence.people with disabilities have rights to.

Well said Thistle, i cant believe this is even an issue !!

:x
EDDIE
EDDIE

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten Sat 14 Mar 2009, 10:42 pm

Oh boy..........unbloodybelievable.... :roll:

once again...Nowt as Queer as some folk........

Reality check defintely needed...................
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 14 Mar 2009, 11:10 pm

hubby and i have a friend who is very disabled and our children never questioned us about him .they both treated him like anyone else
It is not the children who are worried about this presenter it is the ignorance of the parents ,
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Sun 15 Mar 2009, 8:26 am

kat wrote:.......It is not the children who are worried about this presenter it is the ignorance of the parents ,

I agree Kat, the ignorant ones here are the parents. Children are a heck of a lot more accepting of peoples disabilities than adults!

Agree with others about a reality check. Where do some people get off!!
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 15 Mar 2009, 12:32 pm

Obviously they get off by hurting and putting down people who are not born 'so called' perfect!!!!!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Deebay Sun 15 Mar 2009, 1:36 pm

I know. Let's only have presenters with super-model looks and "perfect" physiques for the kids to aspire to. This approach by the media is one of the problems that has caused a lot of grief to youngsters (and their parents) in helping to make the "average" kid feel inadequate and in creating psychological problems. Never mind whether the person is good at their job or whether they can speak good English, as long as they look "perfect". Can they really be so shallow? As for those complaining parents, they are not fit to bring up children if they instill those sort of values into them.

Deebay

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 15 Mar 2009, 1:44 pm

Deebay - you ommited to add 'and anorexic' to make the average kid feel like an elephant......and yes I am sorry to say almost everything today is shallow....how often do you see film stars seperating and one of them has 'gone off' with someone 'ordinary' looking and the media scoff and say stupid things like - what on earth does he/she see in them when they were married to perfection!!! No mention of the 'inner being' ...... is it any wonder kids grow up already screwed up!!!! (THINK THIS SHOULD HAVE GONE IN RANT - I COULD GO ON BUT I'LL SPARE YOU)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum