www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jobsworth Non-Jobs, Consultants and Directors

2 posters

Go down

Jobsworth Non-Jobs, Consultants and Directors Empty Jobsworth Non-Jobs, Consultants and Directors

Post by Zac Mon 06 Apr 2009, 4:39 pm

I heard on Radio Guernsey, that the States is planning to out-source yet more of its functions. I wonder if this will be done in order further to fiddle employee numbers so that yet more non-jobs can be created and more outside consultants and directors of "this and that" be appointed! I bet that not one penny will be saved and employee numbers (direct/indirect) and real costs, will continue to escalate. In the mean-time we will be expected to pay, pay and pay again!

The real costs to the population for "regulation" of the telephone service (which was given away), and our electricity supply, are very substantial. Anyone seen any costings for regulation of aviation? Any refunds for upheld planning appeals?

Come on Parky - don't abrogate the States' responsibilities, but please do clamp down on unnecessary expenditure and jobs, many of which have mushroomed over the last 20-25 years!

Pity we can't turn the clock back to pre-Harwood days, when we had parish representation in the States, committees and presidents!

Zac

Male
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Jobsworth Non-Jobs, Consultants and Directors Empty Re: Jobsworth Non-Jobs, Consultants and Directors

Post by bug1 Mon 06 Apr 2009, 8:13 pm

Ah Yes "The good old days" Nostalgia ain't wot it used to be!
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down