www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Submarine: Party Politics Survey Guernsey goes Conservative!!

+2
6 posters

Go down

Submarine: Party Politics Survey Guernsey goes Conservative!! Empty Submarine: Party Politics Survey Guernsey goes Conservative!!

Post by GD Wed 20 May 2009, 6:15 pm

[b]Who are we?

You appear an opinionated bunch, so let's touch the pulse of Guernsey's political heart. Are we left, right, centrist or other? The following survey takes a hypothetical scenario of Guernsey residents being able to vote in the UK General Election. Who would win the County of the Channel Islands?

Survey Here: http://survey.submarine.gg/takeSurvey.asp?surveyID=92

Thanks

Kind Regards
Neil Inder - Director
Submarine Limited

[/b]

Last edited by GD on Fri 22 May 2009, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Submarine: Party Politics Survey Guernsey goes Conservative!! Empty Re: Submarine: Party Politics Survey Guernsey goes Conservative!!

Post by karma Wed 20 May 2009, 6:23 pm

Done!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Submarine: Party Politics Survey Guernsey goes Conservative!! Empty Re: Submarine: Party Politics Survey Guernsey goes Conservative!!

Post by Thistle Wed 20 May 2009, 6:38 pm

done
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Wed 20 May 2009, 8:25 pm

Done!

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast Robert Wed 20 May 2009, 8:56 pm

Hardly very analytical. Considering the state of UK politics right now, they should have definitely split the 'other' category into the main fringe parties to get a proper picture of how it might work in Guernsey.
Fast Robert
Fast Robert

Male
Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Wed 20 May 2009, 9:12 pm

My vote would depend on how the candidates presented them selves mainly on how adaptable they would make their party to suit CI situations and would we be looking at a CI county or a Gsy County and a Jersey County.
Almost answering my question I suppose in reality we would be selecting from the same group of politicians that we have now so what would be the benefit.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Wed 20 May 2009, 10:11 pm

They'd argue as 'sides' at the moment they argue and bicker amongst themselves (which tends to make their views personal opposed to party politics)....can't say whether there would be a better outcome - just might them look less 'petty'!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Thu 21 May 2009, 4:21 am

I wonder how many of them could decide if they were liberal, labour, or Conservative. My worry would be that the majority would get it right and

stand for the Monster Raving Looney Party.

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 21 May 2009, 9:50 am

The only party I ever voted for - Screamin' Lord Sutch was my hero :)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Thu 21 May 2009, 11:17 pm

But he did have a certain amount of Charisma and didn't really take himself too seriously, can you imagine "Screaming Two Thumbs Trotty"
Now there would be a man who thought highly of himself

plimmerton811

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 21 May 2009, 11:21 pm

I agree entirely........on all counts!!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Fri 22 May 2009, 12:11 pm

With all the hoo-ha that’s going on in England at the moment about MPs expenses some calls by MPs for a general election, the forthcoming European elections and general feeling that the Labour Government is self imploding, we scrabbled around to see if there were any comparisons here in our beloved island home.

This week the local media turned over the stone of local politicians’ expenses and found nothing. Waking up the next morning, they brushed themselves down and went on to discuss far more important issues such as incinerators and something about a £50million miscalculation and holes within black holes? That one is going to run for a while.

But we weren’t letting Guernsey off the hook that lightly. Everyone is an armchair politician and everyone seems to have an opinion on how the island should be run. Be it reducing the number of politicians, introducing island wide voting, giving the Chief Cheese a bit more power, executive government and even Party Politics. Hold on a minute – Party Politics – that’s it, we have our angle!! What are we?

We spoke to our website development house and asked them to do a spot survey on their databases. We wanted to find out if our islanders are closet greens, raving reds or as conservative as one might expect an island race. And while we were at it why don’t we sneak in the party politics question?

Of the 292 respondents it transpired that IF Guernsey people could vote in the UK elections they would vote Conservative with Labour trailing at a lowly 12.24% behind the Liberals!!

As for Guernsey benefitting from a Party System don’t bank on it happening anytime soon, support for that was around 38%.

As usual the ‘sand box’ of comments makes for an interesting insight into people opinions and they are available in the downloadable PDF below.

SUBMARINE SURVEY DETAILS

:loser1:
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down