www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey's bailiff has been knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours list

4 posters

Go down

Guernsey's bailiff has been knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours list Empty Guernsey's bailiff has been knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours list

Post by Dell Sat 13 Jun 2009, 1:18 pm

Bailiff knighted in honours list

Guernsey's bailiff has been knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours list _45914682_-1 Geoffrey Rowland became bailiff in 2005

Guernsey's bailiff has been knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours list.

Geoffrey Rowland, who became the island's bailiff in 2005, is being honoured for services to the Crown and the community of Guernsey.
Two other people in the Bailiwick have been appointed MBEs for community work. Barbara Benfield is honoured for services to the community in Alderney.

John Gallienne has been recognised for voluntary service to the Royal Hospital Chelsea and to Guernsey and Sark.

Meanwhile, David Miller has become an MBE for services
to horticulture in Guernsey.

From BBC News.

What do you think?

About time or unnecessary?

Share your views.

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Guernsey's bailiff has been knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours list Empty Re: Guernsey's bailiff has been knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours list

Post by karma Sat 13 Jun 2009, 2:00 pm

I have to say - good for them - but it now lobs them in with highly paid entertainers and the likes - not really an honour any more it has lost it's aura - soon it will be considered more prestigious to be a commoner than a Knight!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Guernsey's bailiff has been knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours list Empty Re: Guernsey's bailiff has been knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours list

Post by bug1 Sat 13 Jun 2009, 2:46 pm

Guernsey's bailiff has been knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours list News-graphics-2008-_440660a

These help remind you to take you CYNIC pills
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sat 13 Jun 2009, 3:09 pm

EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL THANK BUG - BUT THANK YOU FOR THE REMINDER I THINK THE NEXT ONE IS DUE NOW..... :-)

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 13 Jun 2009, 6:28 pm

it is nice that he has recieved one at last but there are people out there much more deserving of an honour than the bailiff.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Sat 13 Jun 2009, 6:51 pm

Congratulations to Sir Geoff, he deserves the accolade. All previous Bailiff's have been awarded a knighthood and he does an awful lot for the Bailiwick, not all openly reported.

I agree Thistle, there are a whole host of other locals who deserve to be honoured in some way, not just for playing golf, cooking, singing, acting etc etc.....

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down