www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

retire at 67

+4
cockney
kat
Thistle
The Gimp
8 posters

Go down

retire at 67 Empty retire at 67

Post by The Gimp Fri 31 Jul 2009, 7:30 pm

http://www.channelonline.tv/channelonline_guernseynews/displayarticle.asp?id=438098

surprise, surprise.

tell me, does this apply to police officers, firemen etc. on a golden pension pot ?
The Gimp
The Gimp

Male
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

retire at 67 Empty Re: retire at 67

Post by Thistle Fri 31 Jul 2009, 7:52 pm

seems i will be ok then lol xx
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Fri 31 Jul 2009, 8:15 pm

phew that is close ..i was born that year ...hubby will be pleased as he will retire in just under 4 years
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by cockney Fri 31 Jul 2009, 8:33 pm

People who have heavy manual jobs should be able to retire at 65. People who have soft jobs (desk jockeys etc.) should be made to retire at 70.

cockney

Male
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Fri 31 Jul 2009, 10:03 pm

Thats OK I will now live 2 years longer just to get my own back :-)

In Fact sod it, I think I will go for an extra 4 years so I can make a bit of extra
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sun 02 Aug 2009, 1:06 pm

With the current system, if one dies before reaching 65 THEIR hard-earned money is put back into the pot. This same system will of course now apply for those retiring at 67. However, is this increase in retirement age is a cunning way of increasing the pot?? .......if you see what I mean.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 02 Aug 2009, 1:58 pm

Both my Father and my Husband died before they reached their pension age, Father 60 husband 56 and I bet there are a lot like them........at least mum and I got a widow's pension - paid for by our husband's contributions - but they have stopped that - so if the man dies - the woman has to go out to work even if she is totally untrained, having been a homemaker and mother......doesn't seem right to me - and as you say Pete, they are now increasing the odds against you actually collecting! How many 60+ women, who have not trained for anything other than being a wife are going to walk into a job that will support them until they are 67???

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by EDDIE Sun 02 Aug 2009, 6:36 pm

now lets look at the larger picture here.

peeps running up to retirement now were probably alot worse off than ourselves years ago, i now my parents and all my friends parents struggled to buy a home and bring up a family.

now theve done it and in their twilight years theres alot of folks out there that are cash poor but property wealthy. ( thanks to the property boom )

once these parents have passed away and left their property etc to their children are they then going to have to work as hard as the parents did. I doubt it.

personaly i can see a generation ( the peeps in their 30s / early 40s ) not having to work to 67, but rather choose a job on a part time basis that just pays a min. contribution ( if you choose not to work at all you have to pay max. contribution. )

if my theory is correct the brown stuff will hit the fan big time.

i myself have other plans for my early retirement as i probably wont get a penny, and im not counting on it.
EDDIE
EDDIE

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum