www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antisocial behaviour is ‘worse in Alderney than in London’

3 posters

Go down

Antisocial behaviour is ‘worse in Alderney than in London’ Empty Antisocial behaviour is ‘worse in Alderney than in London’

Post by GD Tue 11 Aug 2009, 8:35 am

ANTISOCIAL behaviour in Alderney has been branded worse than London’s.Antisocial behaviour is ‘worse in Alderney than in London’ 0563281
St Anne householders have recently complained of groups shouting, swearing and not respecting people’s property during the early hours.
Victoria Street resident Philippa Arditti moved to the island from the capital two years ago and outlined what she and husband Paul are forced to put up with.
‘The noise, language and general disrespect in the early hours of the morning are worse in Alderney than in London. We’ve had visitors stay with us this summer and I don’t think any of them will ever come again.’
Another Victoria Street householder, Mark Harding, said rowdyism was preventing him sleeping.
‘In 27 days I’ve managed to sleep uninterrupted just three times. As well as listening to shouting and swearing, I’ve had to put up with people urinating in my shop doorway and setting off firecrackers at four in the morning.
‘I’ve also broken up fights in the early hours and heard someone carrying a radio up the street.’ (from thisisguernsey)

Such a shame that Alderney be tarnished by this sort of behaviour...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Antisocial behaviour is ‘worse in Alderney than in London’ Empty Re: Antisocial behaviour is ‘worse in Alderney than in London’

Post by The Gimp Wed 12 Aug 2009, 7:07 am

Not quite as bad as london then, if he tried to break up a fight between youths in london he would have got stabbed or beaten badly.
The Gimp
The Gimp

Male
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Antisocial behaviour is ‘worse in Alderney than in London’ Empty Re: Antisocial behaviour is ‘worse in Alderney than in London’

Post by karma Wed 12 Aug 2009, 10:02 am

Must say have recently been to Alderney for 5 days and didn't see or hear any 'yobs' ....but in all fairness we were not staying in the main street and we do not 'do' pubs ...... but we live just off of the Bridge and I walk down for a takaway occasionally and have never seen any 'gangs' even though it is reported that they do exist....

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down