www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAT BEING CHARGED IN GUERNSEY.................

4 posters

Go down

VAT BEING CHARGED IN GUERNSEY................. Empty VAT BEING CHARGED IN GUERNSEY.................

Post by karma Thu 13 Aug 2009, 6:41 pm

...........Jenny Tasker stated on the news tonight that she was annoyed and fed up with retailers charging VAT! well, well Thistle, looks like us folks without money to burn picked UP on this ages ago, but if I remember we were shouted down by people who knew better - now Jenny's got the bit between her teeth - lets hope something is done - before town becomes more of a ghost town than it is already!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

VAT BEING CHARGED IN GUERNSEY................. Empty Re: VAT BEING CHARGED IN GUERNSEY.................

Post by Thistle Thu 13 Aug 2009, 7:11 pm

we sure were karma if i remember rightly we were told in no uncertain terms that vat is not charged in guernsey by certain peeps.nice to be able to say i told you so eh.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

VAT BEING CHARGED IN GUERNSEY................. Empty Re: VAT BEING CHARGED IN GUERNSEY.................

Post by Fast Robert Thu 13 Aug 2009, 7:53 pm

softening up for GST.

Force the traders to drop their prices by whatever they agree their VAT rate is, and then introduce GST at the same, maybe a bit less for a compromise. So the States take a cut of the sale from goods they hope will not rise in price for the consumer.

Yes, we will see how essential the mark up was for retail to make it pay.

Last edited by Fast Robert on Thu 13 Aug 2009, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : God sent me a sign.)
Fast Robert
Fast Robert

Male
Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 13 Aug 2009, 11:53 pm

Corruption Rules..................OK :x

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Fri 14 Aug 2009, 12:02 am

Just because Jenny Tasker says its so, does not mean it is, and as someone who delibrately reduced profit margins by 20% 7 months ago with a result of absolutly no increase in turnover, the shops closing is nothing to do with prices its just the business is not there at any price.

I had to bring a 3 piece suite over 2 weeks ago that was a special order and a reasonably cheap suite, the carraige cost worked out at 37% of the cost

If I was a shop in the UK I could have got that in my shop for 22% less than I did in Guernsey so why should the price be the same here as in the UK?

My Carraige bill for last years was nearlt £40,000 but Jenny Tasker would say that none of that cost should be passed on to the customer, she needs to wake up

Next year when all the tax returns are in then even the likes of Mr Trott will realise that the Retail Industry in Guernsey is not making the sort of profits that they were years ago and luckily the states Tax Income is no longer on company profits or he might find himself with a lot less in the kitty.

Maybe we should get the states to look at the cost of shipping make public what the official average cost is of getting goods here in different areas of business and then people will know what the true price is less VAT but Plus Freight you will find that some thing will be cheaper than the UK's 15% VAT Price and some dearer

BUT NONE AT THE SAME AS THE UK LESS VAT. because nothing is shipped free.
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down