www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Le Tiss be Sacked From Sky Sports

2 posters

Go down

Should Le Tiss be Sacked From Sky Sports Empty Should Le Tiss be Sacked From Sky Sports

Post by Chok Dee Ja Fri 04 Sep 2009, 1:50 am

Le Tissier admits attempted betting coup

(UKPA) – 6 hours ago
Former England star Matthew Le Tissier has admitted his role in an attempted betting coup while playing for Southampton 14 years ago.
Le Tissier, a cult hero with the Saints, has revealed in his new autobiography that he agreed to try to kick the ball out for an early throw-in to aid a spread bet in exchange for around £10,000. However, Le Tissier failed in his mission and his fellow conspirators had to settle for the return of their stake.
"Spread betting had just started to become popular. It was a new idea which allowed punters to back anything from the final score to the first throw-in," Le Tissier wrote in his autobiography Taking Le Tiss, quoted in the Daily Mail.
"There was a lot of money to be made by exploiting it. We were safe from the threat of relegation when we went to Wimbledon on April 17 and, as it was a televised match, there was a wide range of bets available.
"Obviously I'd never have done anything that might have affected the outcome of the match, but I couldn't see a problem with making a few quid on the time of the first throw-in.
"My team-mate had some friends with spread-betting accounts who laid some big bets for us. We stood to win well into four figures but if it went wrong we could have lost a lot of money."

I wish he would get a big fine,greedy bast*** already earned huge money.

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Should Le Tiss be Sacked From Sky Sports Empty Re: Should Le Tiss be Sacked From Sky Sports

Post by cockney Sun 06 Sep 2009, 6:34 pm

They say that every man has his price, in Le Cheats case it was £10,000. At the time of this incident he was receiving more than that every week playing for Southampton which just goes to show the greed of the man. Now he is hoping to sell more books on the back of this story. Utter greed. Sky sports should sack him immediately.

cockney

Male
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum