www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These are the Cats who get the cream

Go down

These are the Cats who get the cream Empty These are the Cats who get the cream

Post by GD Mon 14 Sep 2009, 2:26 pm

GUERNSEY kittens have been selected for a production of hit musical Cats.These are the Cats who get the cream 0841181
The Andrew Lloyd Webber hit will be staged at Beau Sejour next month and nine local children have been chosen to feature alongside West End professionals.
Show producer Paul Morrissey of Milton Morrissey Productions said the standard had been phenomenal. ‘Their enthusiasm, talent and professionalism really shone through. It really was exceptional,’ he said.
Auditions began three weeks ago and 30 were reduced to 16, from which the final nine, aged between eight and 13, were selected.
‘There will be about 1,600 people watching so it’s a bit scary, but all my family are coming,’ said Georgie Fletcher, 11, of the Grammar School and the Blondel Earl Dance and Theatre Centre.
Melrose pupil Victoria Reeves, 8, of Blondel Earl, was so excited to find out she had got a part as a kitten she could not sleep.
Piers Rogan, 13, was the only boy to be cast but said he was used to working with so many girls.
‘I normally get left behind from the other boys in my age group as I’m too short for other parts but the criteria for this was 5ft and under and I’m just 5ft,’ said the Grammar School pupil, who is also a member of the Guernsey Academy of Theatrical Education. ‘It’s a great opportunity to work with a West End cast.’ (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down