www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name and shame young offenders, urges Deputy

2 posters

Go down

Name and shame young offenders, urges Deputy Empty Name and shame young offenders, urges Deputy

Post by GD Sat 19 Sep 2009, 11:52 am

YOUNG thugs who commit serious assaults should be named and shamed by the courts, according to Deputy Trevor Pitman.

The former youth worker has lodged a proposition to remove the legal bar on naming offenders under the age of 18.

He says that offenders from the age of 12 upwards who commit serious assaults should be named in the media, but that the sentencing courts should continue to have discretion to ban their identification if their offending is affected by learning disabilities, if they are at risk from harm or if there are exceptional circumstances.

Deputy Pitman says that the shock of having their crimes held up for the whole Island to see will deter some young people from further offending (from jep)

I agree might teach them a lesson..
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Name and shame young offenders, urges Deputy Empty Re: Name and shame young offenders, urges Deputy

Post by karma Sat 19 Sep 2009, 12:28 pm

From some of the 'thuggy' types I know - it would be more like a badge of honour!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum