www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majority of Education would shut schools to save money

3 posters

Go down

Majority of Education would shut schools to save money Empty Majority of Education would shut schools to save money

Post by GD Wed 07 Oct 2009, 11:33 am

THREE out of five deputies on the Education board want to close both St Sampson’s Infants and St Andrew’s Primary schools.
And one board member, who believes they should both stay open, said he would rather cut the number of teachers to make savings.
It follows Tribal Consulting’s report on States expenditure, which identified possible savings of £4.56m. that could be made if the two schools were closed. In January, the States voted not to close either.
However, the replacement of Deputy Allister Langlois with Deputy Tony Spruce on the board at last week’s States meeting has only strengthened the department’s pro-closure stance.
Deputy Langlois voted to close one of the schools, but Deputy Spruce went a step further.
‘I voted to close both schools and I have no reason to see that things have changed,’ he said. ‘The proposals at the time made complete sense to me and we do need to cut costs.’
Deputy Matt Fallaize said he thought the issue would come back to the States now the Fundamental Spending Review had flagged it up as an area of possible saving. (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Majority of Education would shut schools to save money Empty Re: Majority of Education would shut schools to save money

Post by plimmerton811 Wed 07 Oct 2009, 7:54 pm

Is that 4.56 million per year. If it is, what are the reasons for keeping the schools open that could outweigh that sort of saving. You can understand Deputies wanting to save that sort of money because it would give them another 4.56 million to squander on naff projects before they got into the red, that is if that ever occurs!

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Majority of Education would shut schools to save money Empty Re: Majority of Education would shut schools to save money

Post by rolandkirk Thu 26 Nov 2009, 4:49 pm

It's better to give money to banks than to schools ? Nonsense !!Majority of Education would shut schools to save money Labels=0

rolandkirk

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum