www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Jailed after attacks on Baby...

+4
Alpy
bug1
Thistle
kiwis kitten
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Man Jailed after attacks on Baby... Empty Man Jailed after attacks on Baby...

Post by kiwis kitten Wed 28 Oct 2009, 6:05 pm

Man Jailed after attacks on Baby... _46627991_grout226

A man who snapped his girlfriend's baby's arm and broke six other bones in her body has been jailed for two-and-a-half years.

James Grout, 20, admitted five counts of cruelty in a two-month period after moving into the baby's mother's house in Bideford, Devon in 2008.

Her arm, leg and ribs were broken when he swung her out of her cot then stood on her, Exeter Crown Court heard.

The injuries were discovered after an X-ray in hospital.

'Yanked her'

Grout told doctors at Barnstaple Hospital in February 2008 that the arm injury had resulted from the baby girl, who cannot be identified, becoming caught in the bars of her cot.

But X-rays revealed old breaks and new fractures to the child's arm as well as other injuries to her back and face.

The child's broken arm needed pinning and a cast and there was "clear deformity" in the arm, said doctors.

Some of the fractures were nearly two months old and were not accidental wounds.

Grout told police that he had picked the child up by her arm and "yanked her up and swung her around by her shoulder" from the cot.

He said he may have broken two of her ribs by "playing a game" and had accidentally stood on her legs, breaking one of them.

Emily Pitts, defending, said Grout was an immature 19-year-old when he moved in with the mother and her two young daughters, who are now living with their natural father.

IMO He should get far longer....sick sick B*st*rd !!!!! Man Jailed after attacks on Baby... 334546
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Man Jailed after attacks on Baby... Empty Re: Man Jailed after attacks on Baby...

Post by Thistle Wed 28 Oct 2009, 7:49 pm

he should have had his arms legs and neck broken Man Jailed after attacks on Baby... 232852
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Man Jailed after attacks on Baby... Empty Re: Man Jailed after attacks on Baby...

Post by bug1 Wed 28 Oct 2009, 10:11 pm

And where was the mother while this was going on?
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Wed 28 Oct 2009, 10:17 pm

teaching the second daughter to do crack!?!
Alpy
Alpy

Male
Number of posts : 3484
Humor : 'Humor is reason gone mad' G.Marx
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Thu 29 Oct 2009, 12:53 pm

bug1 wrote:And where was the mother while this was going on?

Maybe she was shopping or working ?

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Thu 29 Oct 2009, 12:54 pm

alpbach1 wrote:teaching the second daughter to do crack!?!

I find that a odd comment considering you dont know the circumstances of the mother.

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Fri 30 Oct 2009, 7:41 am

Chok I don't need to know the circumstances......James Grout, 20, admitted five counts of cruelty in a two-month period....so five times the mother had opportunity to do something but did nothing...It was probably a lot more than five times..
Alpy
Alpy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 30 Oct 2009, 7:56 am

alpbach1 wrote:Chok I don't need to know the circumstances......James Grout, 20, admitted five counts of cruelty in a two-month period....so five times the mother had opportunity to do something but did nothing...It was probably a lot more than five times..

Definitely more - as they first thought it was as he said - that the child had got her arm caught in the cot rails....but when they x-rayed her they found evidence that her arms, and other bones, had been broken before!!! Beggers belief that a mother would not know her child was being ill treated, as the child must have been in terrible pain!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Fri 30 Oct 2009, 8:37 am

alpbach1 wrote:Chok I don't need to know the circumstances......James Grout, 20, admitted five counts of cruelty in a two-month period....so five times the mother had opportunity to do something but did nothing...It was probably a lot more than five times..

You stated she was teaching her second daughter to do crack,how can you justify such a comment ?

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 30 Oct 2009, 9:31 am

You stated she was teaching her second daughter to do crack,how can you justify such a comment ?

When a sentence is ended with !?! (as Alpbach's sentence was) it is not a 'statement' it is a query......

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Fri 30 Oct 2009, 10:18 am

But where is the reasoning behind "the query " seems a very harsh "query" regarding a person who alpbach 1knows nothing about

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Fri 30 Oct 2009, 10:21 am

Chok how can you justify 90% of what you write on this forum?...You don't want an answer from me but an an argument like with every other member on this forum....

I did not state anything as Karma so kindly pointed out...

chok if your partner kicked the f*ck out of one of your kids what would you do?.......The mother did nothing so my comment merely points out what a bad mother she must be ''IMO''
Alpy
Alpy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Fri 30 Oct 2009, 10:27 am

I find your query that she was learning to give her daughter crack a very odd one,i was purely wondering how you arrived at that idea.(query)

If the mother of my children did as you suggested i would seek custody,i wouldnt harm her or give her anykind of physical abuse

Not sure why you want me to justify 90% of what i write but if you were to ask why i said a specific thing,i would give you a reply

How do you know the mother did nothing ?

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 30 Oct 2009, 10:31 am

IMO It was an 'off the cuff' remark in reply to Bug's query of 'where was the mother' (but I'm sure Albach will correct me if this wasn't the case) - not to be taken too seriously!!! So calm down dear it was not really directed at anyone in particular......but I too would like to know where the mother was while her child was being badly injured...and also why she didn't notice that the poor mite was in pain and had previous bone injuries.....and NO at work will not answer that question as anyone who has broken a bone knows what the pain is like for quite a long time ..... a bit hard to cover up, especially for a child!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Fri 30 Oct 2009, 10:36 am

Thanks Karma Man Jailed after attacks on Baby... 266448 ....exactly my point
Alpy
Alpy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Fri 30 Oct 2009, 10:38 am

Maybe she was being abused also ? Maybe she was scared of the situation she was in ? Maybe the mother also took part in harming the child ?

However the "query" was intended or "off the cuff ' i still find it odd that someone can suggest the mother was learning to give her daughter crack, hey maybe its some kind of joke,just not my sense of humour.

Last edited by Chok Dee Ja on Fri 30 Oct 2009, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KiwiG Fri 30 Oct 2009, 10:44 am

Then leave it alone, as you tell others !!!

A baby with an unset broken bone would scream in agony everytime they were touched.

For the mother not to speak out, makes her guilty of not providing necessary care.

Women have gone to jail for that.

You could maybe forgive once.

But numerous?.........................

There can be no excuse.

I find your attitude strange for an obviously doting and proud father.

Look up Curmudgeon.

Last edited by KiwiG on Fri 30 Oct 2009, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
KiwiG
KiwiG

Male
Number of posts : 806
Humor : I think............if I don't thwim!!
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Fri 30 Oct 2009, 10:49 am

Im entitled to my opinion and no i wont leave it alone

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy Fri 30 Oct 2009, 10:50 am

Man Jailed after attacks on Baby... Fvl11h
Alpy
Alpy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 30 Oct 2009, 11:04 am

Chok do you take yourself as seriously as you take others????
Just a thought.......(off the cuff of course) Wink

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 30 Oct 2009, 11:07 am

alpbach1 wrote:Thanks Karma Man Jailed after attacks on Baby... 266448 ....exactly my point

You're welcome my friend - it didn't take rocket science to see where you were coming from spooky

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KiwiG Fri 30 Oct 2009, 11:10 am

Your statement that maybe she took part in harming the child, seems the only viable answer.

As you also point out, we don't know the circumstances, so little is achieved by talking it in circles.

Just hug your little one Chok.
KiwiG
KiwiG

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Fri 30 Oct 2009, 11:11 am

as i sit here with my leg in plaster i can say it is very painful ,that poor child must have been screaming in agony how any parent can sit and listen to their child crying in pain and do nothing ot help them .it brings tears to my eyes just thinking abut it .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by KiwiG Fri 30 Oct 2009, 11:29 am

Yesterday afternoon, a woman backed out of her driveway and knocked over my 13 year old daughter, who was walking home from school, driving over her leg and foot.
A total accident, but childcare is pretty pertinent to me right now.

This is my daughters skin imprint on the pavement.

Miraculously no bones appear to be broken.

Man Jailed after attacks on Baby... F50vo8
KiwiG
KiwiG

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 30 Oct 2009, 12:34 pm

Poor thing - is she Okay????

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next