www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alderney ‘will not be the ashtray of the Channel Islands’

4 posters

Go down

Alderney ‘will not be the ashtray of the Channel Islands’ Empty Alderney ‘will not be the ashtray of the Channel Islands’

Post by GD Fri 30 Oct 2009, 3:18 pm

Alderney ‘will not be the ashtray of the Channel Islands’ 0828315ALDERNEY’S smoking ban law has been approved in the UK – even though Guernsey’s Law Officers said it should not have been submitted.
Several other Bailiwick laws are being redrafted because of UK concerns over so-called ‘Henry VIII clauses’. These wide-ranging ordinance powers would mean laws could be revised locally without having to go back to the Privy Council – the UK legal body which must approve all local primary law.
While Alderney’s smoking legislation has these problematic clauses, it is identical to Guernsey legislation already approved.
‘The problem was the concerns that our secondary legislative powers were stronger than the Ministry of Justice’s primary powers,’ said Alderney representative Richard Willmott (pictured).
The Alderney States voted for its smoking law to go to the Privy Council to be approved earlier this year.
The Guernsey Law Officers did not believe it would get through.
‘They advised us that our smoking legislation would not be passed unless we withdrew it and amended it to remove the Henry VIII lines,’ said Mr Willmott.
‘We refused to amend it again and insisted it be passed without further delay. We just dug in our heels and decided to be stubborn.’
The Law Officers were unavailable for comment yesterday. (from thisisguernsey)

Good for Alderney, glad to see that they are prepared to go up against the UK
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Alderney ‘will not be the ashtray of the Channel Islands’ Empty Re: Alderney ‘will not be the ashtray of the Channel Islands’

Post by bug1 Fri 30 Oct 2009, 5:54 pm

I often pop over to Alderney for a quick fag.!
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Alderney ‘will not be the ashtray of the Channel Islands’ Empty Re: Alderney ‘will not be the ashtray of the Channel Islands’

Post by karma Fri 30 Oct 2009, 6:28 pm

Hmmmmmmmmm I know this is an adult forum - but should you be 'airing' your predilections on it lol!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Fri 30 Oct 2009, 11:44 pm

That's an Anglisised "fag" NOT an American " fag"
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sat 31 Oct 2009, 8:36 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm quite so - if you say so lol!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 31 Oct 2009, 9:37 am

maybe its time guernsey took the same stance re the uk after reading what alistair darling thinks we should be doing.just wish they would sort out the uk and leave the islands alone.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum