www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wreath row: Trott did start it, says Bailiff

+2
kat
GD
6 posters

Go down

Wreath row: Trott did start it, says Bailiff Empty Wreath row: Trott did start it, says Bailiff

Post by GD Tue 17 Nov 2009, 2:45 pm

Wreath row: Trott did start it, says Bailiff Rowland_trott-175x91

Bailiff Sir Geoffrey Rowland, left, and Chief Minister Lyndon Trott.

GUERNSEY’S Bailiff has rejected claims that he instigated the Policy Council row over Remembrance Sunday.
As the fallout about a challenge to the order in which wreaths were laid escalated substantially yesterday, Sir Geoffrey Rowland denied that discussions were based on a letter he had sent the council.
Chief Minister Lyndon Trott earlier said that the issue was put on the Policy Council’s agenda at the request of the Bailiff, who sent a note 72 hours before the service laying out the traditional order. Deputy Trott said the matter would not have been discussed otherwise.
But the Bailiff’s Chambers released a statement yesterday saying that the Bailiff wrote the letter because he had been told that Deputy Trott planned to discuss the wreath-laying issues with the Policy Council.
‘The Bailiff’s Chambers was advised at staff level by the Policy Council that the chief minister intended to raise the matter of wreath laying with the Policy Council at a meeting it was to hold in the week prior to Remembrance Day,’ a spokeswoman said.
‘The Bailiff was advised accordingly. Therefore, the Bailiff’s Chambers assembled the facts about wreath laying to assist any discussion that may be held.
‘The subsequent note sent to the Policy Council set out the traditional order of wreath laying, the order of wreath laying since 2004 and when chief ministers or senior acting presiding officers had laid the wreath for the States of Guernsey.
‘It was intended to be a purely neutral and factual note and was viewed here as such, both before it was sent and now.’
But Deputy Trott was puzzled by the Bailiff’s remarks. ‘This is very odd. The note from the Bailiff sought the Policy Council’s early views and I adhered to that request. It now appears it would have been better to have simply ignored the approach at that time. (from thisisguernsey)

Pistols at dawn I thnik...lol
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Wreath row: Trott did start it, says Bailiff Empty Re: Wreath row: Trott did start it, says Bailiff

Post by kat Tue 17 Nov 2009, 3:59 pm

they should grow up..there are much more important things to do on the island instead of squabbling like two year old
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Wreath row: Trott did start it, says Bailiff Empty Re: Wreath row: Trott did start it, says Bailiff

Post by karma Tue 17 Nov 2009, 4:50 pm

........I agree and I thought the ceremony was about honouring the men and women that gave their lives so that we could live in peace! Not about I'm more important that you are!!! they should all hang their heads in shame (these are the grownups who tell us that teenagers are badly behaved!!!)

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 17 Nov 2009, 7:59 pm

For me it would be an honour to lay a wreath and no one laying a wreath on Rememberance Sunday is as important as the people they are remembering, perhaps they should remember that.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gimp Tue 17 Nov 2009, 8:12 pm

Wreath row: Trott did start it, says Bailiff Dick-head-tshirt

anyone fancy buying this t-shirt for trotts secret santa gift..
The Gimp
The Gimp

Male
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 17 Nov 2009, 9:03 pm

I bet he will get so many he wont know what to do with them lol!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Wed 18 Nov 2009, 5:31 pm

Karma, are you saying that he needs some? Wreath row: Trott did start it, says Bailiff Lol

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Wed 18 Nov 2009, 7:58 pm

dunno what you are suggesting Dell - but Yes that would be about the 'measure' of it Wreath row: Trott did start it, says Bailiff Lol

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum