www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

£30,000 wanted to pay a Guernsey civil servant’s private bill

3 posters

Go down

£30,000 wanted to pay a Guernsey civil servant’s private bill Empty £30,000 wanted to pay a Guernsey civil servant’s private bill

Post by GD Wed 25 Nov 2009, 2:47 pm

£30,000 wanted to pay a Guernsey civil servant’s private bill 0853130AN ATTEMPT has been made to use taxpayers’ money to cover a civil servant’s private legal fees.
The Policy Council rejected the suggestion by Education minister Carol Steere, apparently triggering an emotional scene before she left the meeting abruptly.
She reportedly wanted the council to sanction paying £30,000 to meet costs incurred by education director Derek Neale during the unfair dismissal of former Le Rondin head (now deputy) Jane Stephens.
Attempts by this newspaper to get the details – and ascertain whether Education now intends to use its own budget to cover Mr Neale’s costs – have been rebuffed.
Deputy Steere (pictured) declined to comment in any detail or explain when the cost was incurred and why public money should cover it.
‘You wouldn’t expect me to make a comment on a confidential item in respect of an employee of the States of Guernsey,’ she said.
The Crown Officers represented the department in 2007, but it is understood Mr Neale also engaged his own advocate.(from thisisguernsey)
Oh dear....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

£30,000 wanted to pay a Guernsey civil servant’s private bill Empty Re: £30,000 wanted to pay a Guernsey civil servant’s private bill

Post by dick4151 Wed 25 Nov 2009, 5:03 pm

Maybe Carole Steere should remember that Jane Stephens won her case and Derek Neale was the main person responsible for this fiasco in the first place, the Guernsey tax payer has already paid out enough

dick4151

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

£30,000 wanted to pay a Guernsey civil servant’s private bill Empty Re: £30,000 wanted to pay a Guernsey civil servant’s private bill

Post by karma Wed 25 Nov 2009, 5:09 pm

You couldn't make it up £30,000 wanted to pay a Guernsey civil servant’s private bill Icon_eek

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down