www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Record breaking year for Guernsey bus service

5 posters

Go down

Record breaking year for Guernsey bus service Empty Record breaking year for Guernsey bus service

Post by GD Fri 11 Dec 2009, 8:51 am

Today total bus passenger numbers have reached 1.5 million for 2009, which is two weeks earlier than in 2008, making this the ninth successive year where annual bus passenger numbers have increased since the new service was introduced in 2000.

If passenger numbers continue at this rate for the remaining two weeks of the year there will have been an estimated 32,500 extra passengers in total this year, which is a 2% increase in passenger numbers from 2008.

Environment Department Minister, Deputy Peter Sirett, commented ‘We are thrilled by the continued success of the Island’s bus service. On average monthly bus passenger numbers are up 50% from the 2000 figures. This is
proof that the bus service is a valuable public amenity for the Island and makes an important contribution to the principal objective of the Department’s Road Transport Strategy of offering transport choice to the people of
Guernsey.’ (from ICfeed)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Record breaking year for Guernsey bus service Empty Re: Record breaking year for Guernsey bus service

Post by kat Sat 12 Dec 2009, 10:47 am

the bus that takes folks on a tour will boost those numbers then .
.i go by bus and i hope they start to slow down now as some bus drivers take off before you sit down ,as i am unable to balance very well i am a bit aprehensive from going on the bus now
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Record breaking year for Guernsey bus service Empty Re: Record breaking year for Guernsey bus service

Post by steve177 Sun 13 Dec 2009, 4:43 pm

A record breaking year that only cost the taxpayer £2.2M.
Not really anything to brag about is it.
Hate to think what will happen in a normal year.
Time for that review to start, me thinks.

steve177

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassandra Tue 22 Dec 2009, 8:55 pm

agree with steve.
+ there are some psycho drivers who think they're on a rally or can shout at passengers for no reasons, jus coz they've got a bad day Record breaking year for Guernsey bus service 232852
Cassandra
Cassandra

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Wed 23 Dec 2009, 8:53 am

On a rally in a vehicle that does about 25-30 mph maximum?!!?

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down