www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School path prompts prison security fears

5 posters

Go down

School path prompts prison security fears Empty School path prompts prison security fears

Post by GD Mon 04 Jan 2010, 6:29 pm

School path prompts prison security fears 0893525

Security fears have been raised by the Home Department because the route now approved by Environment runs close to the prison and a high fence designed to stop items being thrown into the compound. (0893525)

THE Home Department is worried about prison security following planning approval for Living Streets’ Baubigny schools walking route.
It is now planned to run directly past the prison, near a high fence designed to stop people throwing items into the compound.
Home minister Geoff Mahy said his board would have to look at Environment’s decision to see how the route’s proximity to the prison would affect security.
‘When you have a footpath, you cannot just restrict it to children.
‘The decision has implications – we will have to look at the security of the fence, whether it is high enough, and to see if other alterations need to be made,’ he said.
But Deputy Mahy said the department had to accept the decision.
Pedestrian safety group Living Streets secretary Pat Wisher said it had agreed in its original application to avoid going past the prison and had plotted a route through the other side of a private vinery. (from thisisguernsey)

Oh dear more expense for the tax payer...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

School path prompts prison security fears Empty Re: School path prompts prison security fears

Post by Spirit Mon 04 Jan 2010, 6:31 pm

Storm in a teacup. A cliff path goes past the Jersey one, yet they don't have a problem.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

School path prompts prison security fears Empty Re: School path prompts prison security fears

Post by bug1 Mon 04 Jan 2010, 8:08 pm

Hear Hear Spirit.
If the fence has been high enough since it was erected WHAT HAS CHANGED
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Mon 04 Jan 2010, 10:37 pm

i think if you cut the crap it is because a certain deputies parents house is close by and they dont want any kids going any where near them
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Tue 05 Jan 2010, 12:18 am

Zaina.Its another conspiracy.please investigate
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Tue 05 Jan 2010, 10:28 am

Has anyone from here walked the path?
I have a few times ,seemed to take forever ,but if i was on my own i would not like to walk it
but many years ago when the built St Peter Port school we had to walk through lanes inducing the water lanes to school were we bothered..not at all .a good opportunity to get up to mischief and have a crafty puff of a ciggy .
the issue here is that the privacy of houses along the way that has be in a sucleded area for so long will now be made public and this will lower the cost of those said properties .
once the walkway has had a proper road way put in how long before you get idiots with noisy bikes going though there?
it will be a walk way for pedestrions and push bikes ,so they will need to make sure the safety of these are paramont .the living streets team has spent many hours working on this project all they need now is the money ..so until that comes about the youngsters will just have to go on a bus .
i do hope the project goes ahead and the youngsters use it proper and look after the green pastures along the way as it is a beautiful relaxed way to walk to school ..
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassandra Sun 17 Jan 2010, 2:32 am

hmm i walk there every day but i don see where the problem lies.. School path prompts prison security fears 616328
Cassandra
Cassandra

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down