www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can teachers tackle classroom violence?

3 posters

Go down

How can teachers tackle classroom violence? Empty How can teachers tackle classroom violence?

Post by GD Sat 06 Feb 2010, 3:46 pm

Nearly half of new teachers do not feel properly equipped to deal with violence in the classroom. Should there be compulsory training?

Figures released to the BBC suggest two-thirds of newly qualified teachers have received no clear guidance on restraining violent pupils.

The Association of Teachers and Lecturers, which surveyed 1,001 of its members, is calling for training in this area to be made compulsory.

The government said new teachers were supported in tackling poor behaviour.

Would more training help teachers in the classroom?

What else should the authorities do to stop this threat?

What would you suggest to curb these unruly children?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

How can teachers tackle classroom violence? Empty Re: How can teachers tackle classroom violence?

Post by kiwis kitten Sat 06 Feb 2010, 4:45 pm

The kids lack so much respect these days and they know they can get away with anything...
I would never ever have behaved in this way when i was in school...I was more afraid of disappointing my parents..or getting a good slap from them..
Wait for it... we will get the old 'NO SLAPPING BRIGADE' saying violence is not the answer...it just brings more violence....well....a slap or 3 never did me any harm...taught me right from wrong and this is what these unruly kids need !!!!!!!!!!!
The parents are at fault here for not teaching their kids how to behave in or out of school......
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

How can teachers tackle classroom violence? Empty Re: How can teachers tackle classroom violence?

Post by ted Sat 06 Feb 2010, 5:59 pm

Would more training help teachers in the classroom?

What else should the authorities do to stop this threat?

What would you suggest to curb these unruly children?

I know his views are a bit extreme but with the help of the USA maybe this gentleman could help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMHDBL7CNA4&feature=PlayList&p=8B7D25CB9EC4B916&index=14
ted
ted

Male
Number of posts : 124
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum