www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'I Pledge Allegiance to the Queen' not needed in Guernsey says Education Boss

5 posters

Go down

'I Pledge Allegiance to the Queen' not needed in Guernsey says Education Boss Empty 'I Pledge Allegiance to the Queen' not needed in Guernsey says Education Boss

Post by GD Tue 11 Mar 2008, 4:05 pm

The UK's looking at ways to make the British proud of their country, but does
that mean new initiatives will be extended to Guernsey?

The former Attorney General's revealed plans for a new bank holiday, lower
university fees for students who help charities, and a pledge of allegiance
at schools.

Guernsey is also a member of the commonwealth with allegiance to the Crown,
so should our school children also join in a daily pledge to her Majesty.

Education Minister Martin Ozanne doesn't think so and says we're already
patriotic enough, but he says he wouldn't want Guernsey's loyalty to the
Queen to be in any way lost. (from Island FM)

Is he right or should we pledge our loyalty?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

'I Pledge Allegiance to the Queen' not needed in Guernsey says Education Boss Empty Re: 'I Pledge Allegiance to the Queen' not needed in Guernsey says Education Boss

Post by Thistle Tue 11 Mar 2008, 4:25 pm

i don't feel we should pledge allegiance to the queen.why on earth should we.it would be tantamount to admitting that the islands are british .so i say no
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

'I Pledge Allegiance to the Queen' not needed in Guernsey says Education Boss Empty Re: 'I Pledge Allegiance to the Queen' not needed in Guernsey says Education Boss

Post by Jon Le Tocq Tue 11 Mar 2008, 10:00 pm

Crumbs! Les Iles Anglo-normandes British? Whatever next...? They'll be putting it on our passports, or the queen's head will start appearing on our stamps, coins and notes... or English legal precedent will be allowed in our courts, or we'll be appealling to the Privy Council etc.

No, that would never do, Thistle, would it?

Jon Le Tocq

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 12 Mar 2008, 7:01 am

jon,maybe you would prefer to be just another county of england. :evil:
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Wed 12 Mar 2008, 8:45 am

There is no way we should Pledge our allegiance to the Queen , i find it quite offensive to suggest so . Some of the stuff that is coming up nowadays would have our forefathers turning in their Graves , how did we cope without all this c**p in years gone by "i wonder"

We have something special here lets keep it that way. My personal preference would be to be more like our French neighbours , such a relaxed attitude very little stress and interference from the PC brigade.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by snails Fri 14 Mar 2008, 11:36 am

The whole of idea of pledging allegiance to the Queen is laughable.If the purpose is to make the Bristish a prouder nation this really isnt going to work but perhaps it's created a debate as to what would....

...erm.....yeah it's a toughie...

Last edited by snails on Fri 14 Mar 2008, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a word out)
snails
snails

Male
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-03-13

http://www.myspace.com/teaspoonriverneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down