www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

£1,600 bill for two days’ use of mobile net in Jersey

2 posters

Go down

£1,600 bill for two days’ use of mobile net in Jersey Empty £1,600 bill for two days’ use of mobile net in Jersey

Post by GD Fri 26 Feb 2010, 5:08 pm

£1,600 bill for two days’ use of mobile net in Jersey 00899854_Cropped

John Harrison with his mobile phone and the bill Picture: MATTHEW HOTTON (00899853)

A BUSINESSMAN is urging Islanders to beware when surfing the internet on mobile phones abroad after he received a £1,600 bill for just two days’ usage.
John Harrison, managing director of the Airport Car Centre, was stunned when an Airtel-Vodafone adviser contacted him during his holiday to warn that he had racked up huge roaming charges for accessing the web.
The 44-year-old is refusing to pay and is urging other Islanders to come forward if they have received similar bills.
Mr Harrison claims he was hit with the charges after using his mobile to receive banking updates via the internet during two days while on holiday in Austria last December. He claims that he was never told of the potentially high roaming charges for downloading internet data in parts of Europe when he took out the contract with Airtel-Vodafone.
But the phone company claims that all new customers are told of the roaming charges they may face when using the internet while abroad. Airtel-Vodafone said that as well as advising new customers about the charges, they also provide clear guidelines on their website. (from JEP)

Sounds like a rip off to me...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

£1,600 bill for two days’ use of mobile net in Jersey Empty Re: £1,600 bill for two days’ use of mobile net in Jersey

Post by Tony Stark Mon 17 May 2010, 8:25 pm

Yeah I got hit by roaming while in England - Fortunately I only used it once......
Tony Stark
Tony Stark

Male
Number of posts : 22
Job/hobbies : Walking, Photography, Audio & Video Engineering
Humor : Anything - Yes thats a challenge
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum