www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under 21 drivers to have zero drink drive limit?

+2
Thistle
GD
6 posters

Go down

Under 21 drivers to have zero drink drive limit? Empty Under 21 drivers to have zero drink drive limit?

Post by GD Tue 02 Mar 2010, 9:09 pm

In New Zealand they are setting a new law that drivers under 20 have a zero drink drive limit

Many other countries also have this law..

Would it be good for the Islands to have such a law?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Under 21 drivers to have zero drink drive limit? Empty Re: Under 21 drivers to have zero drink drive limit?

Post by Thistle Tue 02 Mar 2010, 9:32 pm

there should be a blanketn zero rate policy
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Under 21 drivers to have zero drink drive limit? Empty Re: Under 21 drivers to have zero drink drive limit?

Post by cockney Tue 02 Mar 2010, 10:08 pm

Under 21s shouldnt be allowed to drive as they are not mature enough although they will obviously disagree with this. I take this view having seen how many of them drive. There are bound to be a few exceptions though.

cockney

Male
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 02 Mar 2010, 11:12 pm

GD wrote:In New Zealand they are setting a new law that drivers under 20 have a zero drink drive limit

Many other countries also have this law..

Would it be good for the Islands to have such a law?

In NZ they are also looking to raise the driving age to wait for it.............................................15

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KiwiG Wed 03 Mar 2010, 9:48 am

From 15 to 16 Plimm

and they wonder why we have the worst death and injury statistics in the world?
KiwiG
KiwiG

Male
Number of posts : 806
Humor : I think............if I don't thwim!!
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KiwiG Wed 03 Mar 2010, 9:51 am

Mind you, they did catch an 8 year old driving his paralytic father home from a rural pub. !!!

Luckily the 8 year old had not been drinking !!!
KiwiG
KiwiG

Male
Number of posts : 806
Humor : I think............if I don't thwim!!
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Wed 03 Mar 2010, 11:26 am

cockney wrote:Under 21s shouldnt be allowed to drive as they are not mature enough although they will obviously disagree with this. I take this view having seen how many of them drive. There are bound to be a few exceptions though.

What a ridiculous statement, although hardly out of place bearing in mind your previous nonsensical posts on various issues.

The law is there to deal with people who drive badly, be they under 21 or indeed over 80 (who in my humble opinion are a far greater risk), so a blanket ban is wholly unnecessary.

I can just imagine it now, "You can get married son, have children, vote, fly an aeroplane, hell you can even become a soldier and go to war, but the one thing you musn't do, under any circumstances, is............................................drive a car!!!!!!!!

Once again you demonstrate that you are indeed the Viz character I have previously referred to.

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum