www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey's bulk refuse scheme no longer free

5 posters

Go down

Guernsey's bulk refuse scheme no longer free Empty Guernsey's bulk refuse scheme no longer free

Post by GD Fri 19 Mar 2010, 5:11 pm

Guernsey's bulk refuse scheme no longer free _47503669_dscf0146 The service collects household items too big to fit in a car

There will be a charge for using the Bulk Refuse Scheme in Guernsey from 6 April, it has been announced.
The service, which began in 1993, provides collection and disposal of household items that are too big to fit in a car.
The Public Services Department is going to charge £15 on each occasion the scheme is used, but they will collect up to five items.
Disposing of vehicles of up to two tonnes will cost £30.
(from BBC)

Still a cheap way of getting rid of your rubbish...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey's bulk refuse scheme no longer free Empty Re: Guernsey's bulk refuse scheme no longer free

Post by Zac Sat 20 Mar 2010, 9:13 am

I assume that we will now all get a refund on the car scrapping levy which we all pay on registrations! What happened to the money which was used to pay the staff behind the desk at Bulwer avenue who processed the annual car tax renewals? Seem to be the same number of people sitting there when we line up like cattle in the traffic lanes!

Zac

Male
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Guernsey's bulk refuse scheme no longer free Empty Re: Guernsey's bulk refuse scheme no longer free

Post by Thistle Sat 20 Mar 2010, 10:12 am

more fly tipping in future then.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Sat 20 Mar 2010, 10:44 am

And burning mattresses.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 20 Mar 2010, 2:29 pm

I can see the logic in them charging but as others say the cost will escalate in clearing fly tipping instead so they will not save at all .
There are some folks who fly tip now when it is free so the fly tipping will be even more when they start to charge
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down