www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Employment laws ‘are fit for Guernsey’

3 posters

Go down

Employment laws ‘are fit for Guernsey’ Empty Employment laws ‘are fit for Guernsey’

Post by GD Wed 31 Mar 2010, 6:33 pm

Employment laws ‘are fit for Guernsey’ 0037465_175

Advocate Louise Hall. (0037465)

A UNION attack on Guernsey’s employment laws failed to consider the island’s situation, according to experts.
AO Hall advocate Louise Hall and Confederation of Guernsey Industry chairman Peter Budwin both criticised Unite boss Len McCluskey’s comment that the island was shockingly behind the rest of Europe.
‘Guernsey laws are fit for Guernsey and let’s keep it that way,’ said Mr Budwin. ‘These laws are fit for the island and not Europe – we are not in Europe,’ he said.
Mr Budwin said updates were occasionally necessary but his experiences of the system had been good.
‘I sit on employment tribunals and they seem to work OK,’ he said.
Advocate Hall questioned Mr McCluskey’s comparison of Guernsey’s employment protection with equivalent legislation in the UK and on the Continent. ‘I would respectfully suggest that Mr McCluskey should realise that he is not comparing like for like,’ she said.
‘A jurisdiction with a population of around 65,000 cannot hope to have the resources available to it of places such as the UK with a population of 61 million (from thisisguernsey)

Leave the Guernsey Employment laws alone, Advocates Hall comments are quite right...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Employment laws ‘are fit for Guernsey’ Empty Re: Employment laws ‘are fit for Guernsey’

Post by ted Wed 31 Mar 2010, 8:04 pm

I think the law should have teeth., and contracts respected by both sides, not only when it suits.
ted
ted

Male
Number of posts : 124
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Employment laws ‘are fit for Guernsey’ Empty Re: Employment laws ‘are fit for Guernsey’

Post by bug1 Wed 31 Mar 2010, 8:27 pm

"A jurisdiction with a population of around 65,000 cannot hope to have the resources available to it of places such as the UK with a population of 61 million (from thisisguernsey "Quote"

But when it suits our Government they can say that Guernsey is leading the way! But that is only if it is not hitting their pockets,just the taxpayers.Hence no "Leading the way" on minimum wages or employment protection!
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum