www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plea for funds to restore Guernsey's St Mathews Church Community Centre

2 posters

Go down

Plea for funds to restore Guernsey's St Mathews Church Community Centre Empty Plea for funds to restore Guernsey's St Mathews Church Community Centre

Post by GD Fri 18 Apr 2008, 12:44 pm

St Matthew's Church Community Centre is on its last legs.

The crumbling community hall has been turning away events due to the deteriorating state of the building and the lack of modern day facilities.

Luckily help is at hand as parishioners are launching a rebuild project this Saturday.

So far, they've raised £180,000 towards the rebuild but they say, to make a success of the project, they need £800,000.

I know this probally sounds harsh, but why was there not a percentage of the " Hall use" charges not put aside for such maintainace & improvements to the building over the previous years? or am I wrong in thinking this
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Plea for funds to restore Guernsey's St Mathews Church Community Centre Empty Re: Plea for funds to restore Guernsey's St Mathews Church Community Centre

Post by kat Fri 18 Apr 2008, 8:44 pm

it is a very sad state.....needs to be demolished and rebuilt,as for putting away money for later how many of us do that?
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down