www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Rugby Club reach National 3 final at Twickenham

Go down

Jersey Rugby Club reach National 3 final at Twickenham Empty Jersey Rugby Club reach National 3 final at Twickenham

Post by GD Sun 25 Apr 2010, 8:48 pm

Jersey earned a first ever visit to Twickenham with a massive 65-14 win over Taunton in the National Three Champions semi-final.
A crowd of 2,000 gathered at St Peter to watch the home side destroy their opponents by scoring 11 tries.
The victory sets up a final showdown with Midlands champions Ampthill , who beat Morley 38-25.
Jersey's win was their 26th successive unbeaten match since their only defeat on the first day of the season.
There was a hat-trick of tries for Paul Rogers, two for Ashley Maggs, and singles from Miles Landick, Dan Hawkes, Steve O'Brien, Nick Trower, full back Michael Le Bourgoise and Sam Tuia.
Jersey Rugby Club reach National 3 final at Twickenham OJersey Rugby Club reach National 3 final at Twickenham End_quote Their pace and power were awesome, and I'm quite in awe of Jersey's backline. Jersey Rugby Club reach National 3 final at Twickenham End_quote

Lee Waddon, Taunton coach

"Amazing, absolutely incredible," enthused Jersey coach Ben Harvey. "That was an absolutely superb performance. For the first 25 minutes, to a man, we were phenomenal. I think we blew them away."
And Taunton coach Lee Waddon did not disagree: "We bumped into a quality outfit today, " he said. "Their pace and power were awesome, and I'm quite in awe of Jersey's backline."
"It's set the benchmark for where we have to be next season."
And next season, the two teams will meet twice in National League 2 South.
For Jersey, next weekend is the Siam Cup away to Guernsey, and then that historic visit to Twickenham for the National 3 Championship final. (from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down