www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swapping the pinot for a pint

2 posters

Go down

Swapping the pinot for a pint Empty Swapping the pinot for a pint

Post by GD Wed 28 Apr 2010, 2:06 pm

Jersey Brewery is hoping ladies in the island might decide to swap their pinot for a pint this summer.

It's a trend that's proven popular both on the mainland and in the US, and now they're trying to convince ladies in Jersey too that ale doesn't have to be male.

It's thought as well as being put off by the beard-and-sandals image of real ale drinkers, women are also reluctant to try a large measure in a chunky glass. The femALES pints are served in a stemmed glass, with a focus on taste and flavours.

Jersey Brewery's Head Brewer Paul Hurley said: "Women have sophisticated tastes and are interested in the recipe-making side of producing a hand-crafted product. Its easy for women to detect the caramel, honey or floral notes or the chocolate or fruity aromas - and the fact that it is not gassy or alcohol-heavy has resulted in its popularity. The number of women drinking real ale in the UK has doubled in recent years and we hope that trend will continue in the Channel Islands."

Would you drink a pint of femALE?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Swapping the pinot for a pint Empty Re: Swapping the pinot for a pint

Post by karma Wed 28 Apr 2010, 10:59 pm

At my age I will take some convincing - I just really, really do not like the taste - nothing to do with the size of the glass it is just a YUK YUK drink (IMO anyway Swapping the pinot for a pint Lol )

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down