www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey public toilets under review

+3
GD
7 posters

Go down

Guernsey public toilets under review Empty Guernsey public toilets under review

Post by GD Tue 01 Jun 2010, 7:55 pm

The number of public toilets in Guernsey is being reviewed to try to save States money.
Tribal Helm, a UK-based consultancy firm, is investigating if the island really needs all of its public conveniences.
Closure of some facilities and possibly charging for the service in St Peter Port are options being considered.
John Silvester, States property services manager, said all aspects of the issue were being investigated.
Toilets closed
While the review is undertaken the facilities near Petit Port Bay at Jerbourg have not reopened, as they usually do after the winter closure.
Mr Silvester said this was not a permanent closure, but the savings had to be made: "We've had to look at our budget very carefully, we've had to save £30,000 on our budget and one of the things I had to do was close, certainly one toilet.
"I've looked at all 35 of the toilets that we have got to see which one was best to close at the moment."
"500m away you've got the Jerbourg toilets, which are on Jerbourg point, so we looked at the usage of it and decided it's best at the moment to keep it closed while we review our budget."
The consultants will look at the number of public facilities in both public buildings and separate blocks before making recommendations on how many should be retained. (from BBC)

So another survey by a non-local company, costing how much?

More than the £30,000 saving I bet...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey public toilets under review Empty Re: Guernsey public toilets under review

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 01 Jun 2010, 9:22 pm

I suppose that he has a point with these two toilets being close (ish)together and both out of the way, what is the value of the Petit Port ones, if they are the ones in the car park opposite the monument.
It is the non local consultancy that concerns me, do we not have a local consultancy and more to the point do we need a consultancy to make this sort of decision. This is a government department can they not do research and make a decision or is crap research endemic in the States this is hardly a waste incinerator level decision. There are only 35 public toilets in the Island so look at each one and decide how many people use the area and therefore does the area needs a loo. Done I'll send my invoice for ten bob to John.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Guernsey public toilets under review Empty Re: Guernsey public toilets under review

Post by karma Wed 02 Jun 2010, 7:57 am

They could save money by fitting good toilet paper dispensers! Vazon and the Town Bus Terminus are the worst offenders - they pack toilet paper into the dispender and by the time a dozen people have tried to get it out it is all over the floor and looking so bad - but there is no way you can do anything else - so the saving would be quite substantial if it was easy to access!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 02 Jun 2010, 9:21 am

the disabled toilets at the terminus are an absolute disgrace.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ted Wed 02 Jun 2010, 11:02 am

Wonder how much to get these people over here for the survey, not far off the £30,000 that they want to save I suppose.
ted
ted

Male
Number of posts : 124
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Wed 02 Jun 2010, 6:49 pm

I have notice they have not locked to old Pissiour in the Bordage .it is a shame as if the spent money on then they could be used
there is another at the Weighbridge as well that is locked,
the Guernsey heritage is being lost yet again..
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by cockney Thu 03 Jun 2010, 12:33 am

The toilets at the North beach are disgusting.

cockney

Male
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 03 Jun 2010, 8:05 am

you are right ted...it would cost them nothing to ask a few unemployed locals to do the job xx
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum