www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novice swimmers face Herm challenge for Heroes

5 posters

Go down

Novice swimmers face Herm challenge for Heroes Empty Novice swimmers face Herm challenge for Heroes

Post by GD Tue 08 Jun 2010, 9:10 pm

A GROUP of relative novices are swimming to Herm to raise money for Help the Heroes.
The swim will take place on 1 August and the 15-strong group took part in their first training challenge on Sunday – a swim in Pembroke Bay.
Swimming to Herm is notoriously difficult because of the strong currents so the Guernsey Swimming Club has offered its services to help the charity swimmers prepare.
The club has allowed the novices to train with them on Mondays and Thursdays and joint organiser Ian Sarchet said the charity swim would not have got off the ground without the club’s support.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Novice swimmers face Herm challenge for Heroes Empty Re: Novice swimmers face Herm challenge for Heroes

Post by kat Tue 08 Jun 2010, 9:46 pm

they are very brave to do this ..if they do it at low tide they wont have so far to swim
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Novice swimmers face Herm challenge for Heroes Empty Re: Novice swimmers face Herm challenge for Heroes

Post by KiwiG Fri 11 Jun 2010, 10:25 pm

I hope they have lots of boats in support as they are going to need them.

If these really are "novice" swimmers, it has recipe for disaster written all over it.
KiwiG
KiwiG

Male
Number of posts : 806
Humor : I think............if I don't thwim!!
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sat 12 Jun 2010, 12:22 am

I am confused about the 'danger' my mum did the swim when she was 14 years of age and the only danger she encountered was a school of porpoise that she had to swim though - she did Bordeaux to Herm....................

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Sat 12 Jun 2010, 7:21 am

KiwiG wrote:I hope they have lots of boats in support as they are going to need them.

If these really are "novice" swimmers, it has recipe for disaster written all over it.

There is an element of danger but with proper planning and seaborne support I am sure risk can be minimised.
Knowing Ian the biggest risk if he is swimming will be the danger to shipping!!!
If you get to read this Ian drop me a PM.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down