www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CI news report, says Guernsey deputy wants to bring in VAT.

Go down

CI news report, says  Guernsey deputy wants to bring in VAT.   Empty CI news report, says Guernsey deputy wants to bring in VAT.

Post by boatyboy Thu 23 Sep 2010, 9:07 pm

Heading back to Jersey, after a trip to the UK, I could not believe how full to bursting point the Condor fast cat was a few months back.Obviously by accents and dress, there where a lot of holiday makers on board and I got chatting to a couple from Devon who said they where heading to Guernsey for a short holiday.

A lovely day and a good crossing but blow me down, when we departed Guernsey on the next leg to Jersey, the boat was well past half empty.

The point being that the well travelled, internet, newspaper informed holiday maker knows that Jersey charges VAT ( or GST as we call it ) and sister island Guernsey does not. The perception is that Guernsey is cheaper for holiday makers and their money goes further meaning more fun.

I also read that Guernsey has had a respectable season for tourists and more ships visiting.

The deputy in question should be reminded in no uncertain terms by other states members and the public, that if you have worked hard to be ahead in the game, the deal is you try and stay there. Its easier to ruin, than it is to build.

By contrast, Jerseys' figures for tourists keep dropping year on year loosing the island much needed revenue.

Boatyboy.

boatyboy

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down