www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last night a DJ ruined my life:

2 posters

Go down

Last night a DJ ruined my life:  Empty Last night a DJ ruined my life:

Post by Digger Thu 07 Oct 2010, 6:34 am

Chef loses everything she owns as friend loads possessions into wrong car...which then drives off

A chef lost everything she owned after her DJ flatmate loaded all of her possessions into the wrong car - which then drove off.Faye Pounder, 25, was moving house when her flatmate Paul Robbins offered to carry her bags downstairs and load them into her white Citroen Xsara Picasso.But he mistakenly opened the boot of a silver Xsara Picasso which was parked outside their flat and left unlocked by its owner.
Last night a DJ ruined my life:  Article-1318272-0B7F67F7000005DC-242_634x418
'It's an absolute nightmare': Faye Pounder, with fiance Ali Walker, lost everything she owned after her possessions were loaded into the wrong car during a move

Mr Robbins dutifully loaded all of Miss Pounder's belongings into the car - over £3,000 worth of clothes, documents, computers, and keepsakes.But when she emerged from the rented property a few hours later she was horrified to discover her car was sitting empty - while the silver Citroen had disappeared.She is now appealing to the owner of the other car to come forward and reunite her with her possessions.Miss Pounder said: 'It is an absolute nightmare. Everything of importance was in that car, I'd packed everything apart from the pots and pans which are useful but have no value.'When I woke up the next morning I felt sick. I didn't want to talk to anyone, it was just too awful to think about.'The worst part is that my fiance had bought tickets for Alton Towers on Tuesday as a birthday treat for me but they were packed so we just sat at home instead.'It is one of those things that you never, ever imagine happening but I suppose it is quite funny in a way.'
Last night a DJ ruined my life:  Article-1318272-0B814320000005DC-423_306x168
Last night a DJ ruined my life:  Article-1318272-0B814324000005DC-322_306x168

Spot the difference: A white Citroen Xzara Picasso, left, and a silver one

The debacle began after Miss Pounder, who works in a gastropub, packed up her bags at her flat in Stokes Croft, Bristol, on Monday.She was moving to Cornwall with fiance Ali Walker, 31, to be closer to her family.Her flatmate offered to load up her car while she stayed in the flat and packed her last few things.Among the items he packed into the silver Citroen was a £2,000 record collection, cameras, make-up, clothes, shoes and all her personal financial documents.Mr Robbins, 26, only realised his mistake when he went back outside a few hours later to find the silver car had vanished.
'At first our flatmate told us that our car had been stolen,' said Miss Pounder.
'We rushed down the stairs and were relieved when we saw the car - but then we realised it was completely empty.'Miss Pounder and her barman fiance were forced to drive down to Cornwall on Tuesday without her possessions.They are now living with Miss Pounder's mother, Daphne, a hotel owner from Penzance.The couple were also planning a 'once in a lifetime' trip to Thailand over the Christmas and New Year period - which could be delayed as Miss Pounder's passport was packed.

Last night a DJ ruined my life:  Article-1318272-0B7F73CC000005DC-37_634x493
Costly mistake: Among the items packed into the wrong Citroen Picasso were a £2,000 record collection, cameras, make-up, clothes and shoes
Miss Pounder, who now works at gastro-pub The First And Last Inn in Sennen, Penzance, added: 'We were so excited about moving and now everything has been ruined.'We just can't believe how stupid our flatmate was. How could he not have noticed what he was doing?'I have given up all hope that we will ever get anything back, to be honest. Even if somebody was that kind it would probably not be for months.'The person must have noticed the bags though, they can probably see them in their rear view mirror and feel the weight of the bags in the car.'Former model Miss Pounder met her fiance when they were both working as care assistants in Cornwall.They are set to marry next summer and are appealing for any information about the incident in Stokes Croft, Bristol, at around 1pm on Monday.Mr Robbins yesterday admitted he was 'so ashamed' of the mix up and blamed his 'unforgivable' mistake on a weekend of heavy partying. He said: ''Ali told me the car was just outside and the one I reached was literally just outside the door. The boot was open so I assumed it was the right car. ''When I saw it was gone it was terrible - but then when I realised the real mistake it was even worse. ''I have promised Faye and Ali that I will replace everything in the car and try my hardest to track their stuff down. ''They have been really nice about it but I feel terrible. How could I have been that stupid? I really don't deserve their friendship.' He added that the car he loaded everything into had a chequered ladies shopping trolley in the back.
Taken from the Mail :

Oh dear !!........ Have you ever done something like this tell us some of the mad stuff you have done .

Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Last night a DJ ruined my life:  Empty Re: Last night a DJ ruined my life:

Post by kat Thu 07 Oct 2010, 8:57 am

Poor man ,if the boot was open and waiting i would have taken no notice of the colour and sometime in interior is different from the out side
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down