www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children at risk as they play in burnt-out hotel

4 posters

Go down

Children at risk as they play in burnt-out hotel Empty Children at risk as they play in burnt-out hotel

Post by GD Sat 06 Nov 2010, 1:26 am

Children at risk as they play in burnt-out hotel 1048062_175CHILDREN as young as nine are putting their lives at risk by playing in the burnt-out Idlerocks Hotel, a kiosk owner has warned.
The Jerbourg property has been closed since being gutted by fire in 2003. Problems with planning permission have seen the structure, at one of the island’s best-known beauty spots, remain an eyesore ever since.
But yesterday Lauren Bishop, 21 (pictured), who has run the kiosk at Jerbourg since 2006, said something had to be done. She is becoming increasingly concerned at watching young children playing on its top floor.
The owners of the Idlerocks Hotel were not yesterday available to comment. (from GEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Children at risk as they play in burnt-out hotel Empty Re: Children at risk as they play in burnt-out hotel

Post by Spirit Sat 06 Nov 2010, 7:41 am

at least it is safer than walking to school.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Children at risk as they play in burnt-out hotel Empty Re: Children at risk as they play in burnt-out hotel

Post by karma Sat 06 Nov 2010, 2:07 pm

Or sitting in a car with a smoking adult lol!:

Just after WW11 all that was left of London was bomb sites and we had great fun as kids playing in these (not a mention of falling bricks/masonry/ etc etc

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Sat 06 Nov 2010, 2:40 pm

Yes of course there is a risk to everything we do(a broken arm at 8yrs then again at 13yrs)but it is and should be,part of the growing up process.(and I haven't broken any bones since!)
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sat 06 Nov 2010, 4:33 pm

Precisely!!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum