www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jenson Button Escapes Armed Attack On Car

2 posters

Go down

Jenson Button Escapes Armed Attack On Car  Empty Jenson Button Escapes Armed Attack On Car

Post by GD Sun 07 Nov 2010, 10:17 am

Formula One world champion Jenson Button has escaped a machine gun attack on his car in Brazil.

The Formula One world champion was travelling in an armoured vehicle as he left the Interlagos circuit in Sao Paulo following the qualifying session for the Brazilian Grand Prix.
The 30-year-old was with his father John as well as physiotherapist Mike Collier and manager Richard Goddard. They were all left unharmed.
Button told the Mail on Sunday: "We were going back from the track and were outside a shanty town and moving slowly on a busy road.
"I saw a dog come out, which was very cute. The next thing I saw was a man with a gun.
"I said 'isn't that a gun?' and as soon as I said that, the driver angled the car and floored it.
"That's when we saw six men, all of them brandishing machine guns.
"My driver was a legend. He bounced off about five cars. We were driving over the top of them. It was very scary.
"I don't know whether they knew who it was they were ambushing."

Button's team McLaren had provided him and teammate Lewis Hamilton with reinforced cars as a security measure.
A statement from McLaren said: "On Saturday evening on the way back from the Interlagos circuit to Morumbi (Sao Paulo), armed would-be assailants made an attempt to approach the car that was carrying Jenson Button.
"Neither Jenson nor the other occupants of the car were hurt.
"Vodafone McLaren Mercedes had provided both Jenson and teammate Lewis Hamilton with reinforced armoured vehicles driven by police drivers, who had been trained in avoidance techniques and were armed.
"The police driver of Jenson's vehicle reacted swiftly and, using avoidance techniques, rapidly forced his way through the traffic, taking Jenson and the other occupants of the car immediately away from any danger and back to their hotel.
"The Sao Paulo authorities have also acted efficiently and will be providing additional security to transfer Jenson and other senior Vodafone McLaren Mercedes personnel to the Interlagos circuit for Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix." (from sky)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Jenson Button Escapes Armed Attack On Car  Empty Re: Jenson Button Escapes Armed Attack On Car

Post by Digger Sun 07 Nov 2010, 10:24 am

Just seen the report on SKY news he was lucky that his driver was quick thinking .
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum