www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wave’s broadband trials could offer 250 times the speed

5 posters

Go down

Wave’s broadband trials could offer 250 times the speed Empty Wave’s broadband trials could offer 250 times the speed

Post by GD Thu 25 Nov 2010, 7:54 am

Wave’s broadband trials could offer 250 times the speed 1055575_175THE fibreoptic network trials Wave Telecom is planning for Guernsey will see some households potentially experiencing broadband that is 250 times faster than current speeds.
Graeme Millar, chief executive of Jersey Telecom, Wave’s owner, revealed further details on the trials during an exclusive interview with the Guernsey Press.
‘At the moment, broadband speeds are around 4mbps but because we will be providing gigabit-capable lines to those households on the trial, they will be seeing 250 times faster broadband access.
Mr Millar (pictured) added that the trials were expected to begin in the first quarter of next year and be concentrated on a ‘single dozen of households’, but did not want to say where these might be. (from GEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Wave’s broadband trials could offer 250 times the speed Empty Re: Wave’s broadband trials could offer 250 times the speed

Post by Thistle Thu 25 Nov 2010, 8:11 am

do we ever get the speeds we are promised..certainly not in my house xxx
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Wave’s broadband trials could offer 250 times the speed Empty Re: Wave’s broadband trials could offer 250 times the speed

Post by kat Thu 25 Nov 2010, 10:04 am

if my lead was a few feet longer i could plug into the main server ..and it is still not fast as we have so many using the broadband here it slows it down
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Fri 26 Nov 2010, 1:03 am

I always find the word 'could' is the one that says it all!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Fri 26 Nov 2010, 5:37 pm

I "could" swim the channel.All I would have to do is get fit and learn to swim! Wave’s broadband trials could offer 250 times the speed 102870
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum