www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jenson Button races on home turf

Go down

Jenson Button races on home turf Empty Jenson Button races on home turf

Post by GD Mon 17 Jan 2011, 6:36 pm

The few sports fans who managed to get up early on Sunday were rewarded with a glimpse of Formula 1 Racing Star Jenson Button competing for the first time on the island he now calls home.

But the new Sarnian wasn't racing cars, he was taking part in the Du Putron Winter Duathlon Series and although he was one to watch in the race, he didn't quite make the podium and finished a respectful fifth.

The Formula One superstar moved to Guernsey last year and has been getting involved with the community more and more since his well publicised move.

The race involved a running leg followed by cycling and then another stint of running.

He told us: "It's great to race on the island and it's great to do something local, something at home, which is just awesome, I love that! The only thing I would say is the wind here is tough!"

Jenson hopes to pound the coastal roads of Guernsey again - and after Sunday's race it looks like he's made some new friends in his new home.

He may have won races all across the world, but will he ever win one in Guernsey?

Only time will tell. (from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum