www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firefighters fight oil tank blaze in Guernsey

3 posters

Go down

Firefighters fight oil tank blaze in Guernsey Empty Firefighters fight oil tank blaze in Guernsey

Post by GD Sat 29 Jan 2011, 3:19 pm

Dogs in a kennel had to be rescued after an oil tank fire in Guernsey spread to nearby outbuildings.
Guernsey Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to the fire at a property on Rue d'Lecole in the Vale at about 0940 GMT.
No-one was injured in the fire, but flames from the blaze spread to a nearby kennels, a car and two garages.
The dogs were rescued safely. An investigation into the cause of the fire has begun.
Watch commander Matthew Rodger told BBC News the oil tank, which supplies the domestic heating oil to a house, was well alight when crews arrived.
"The oil tank meets a boundary with three properties, so we ended up with a car, two garages, a kennel and boundary fencing well alight," he said. (from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Firefighters fight oil tank blaze in Guernsey Empty Re: Firefighters fight oil tank blaze in Guernsey

Post by Spirit Sat 29 Jan 2011, 4:51 pm

I wonder if they will make sure oil tanks are installed properly at last?
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Firefighters fight oil tank blaze in Guernsey Empty Re: Firefighters fight oil tank blaze in Guernsey

Post by Enigma Sun 30 Jan 2011, 2:47 am

Spirit wrote:I wonder if they will make sure oil tanks are installed properly at last?

All oil tanks should be installed following the Guernsey Oil Installation Guidelines / Gsy water regs and by an OFTEC registered engineer.

However there are people in this world who have no care for rules or regulations and only wear certain hats and boots.........
Enigma
Enigma

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Sun 30 Jan 2011, 11:53 am

If I caught my apprentice fitting a tank to those guidelines, he would be looking for a new job, they are in contravention of Building Regulations and OFTEC.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down