www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steere backs nursery education

3 posters

Go down

Steere backs nursery education Empty Steere backs nursery education

Post by GD Thu 15 May 2008, 2:36 pm

Guernsey's new Education Minister says she'll be wholeheartedly supporting nursery education on the island.

A report is due out later this year on the subject, and Deputy Carole Steere thinks it will be a vital part of Guernsey's education and employment strategies.

And pushing for a new secondary school at La Mare de Carteret will also be one of her priorities.

The Minister told us: 'I'm very supportive of nursery education; I think there are great benefits to the community, not only from an educational point of view of getting children into school at an early age, but also the benefit to the community in a wider sense of enabling women who wish to, to get back into the workplace.

'If the island is going to stick with the policy of not increasing the population, then we really need to use our workforce to its utmost and getting women back into the workplace is one of those.'

Is the right thing to do?

I am not convinced sending your children out so early helps them to learn family values...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Steere backs nursery education Empty Re: Steere backs nursery education

Post by kat Thu 15 May 2008, 3:26 pm

give the child time to have a childhood
i dont like the way they teach the children so early
they need to learn basic stuff.like sharing,making friends and little things
Education is a wonderful thing but lets give the child what they need and not want society wants
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 15 May 2008, 4:18 pm

whilst i agree a child needs a childhood,i would also say that it might help some of the single mothers get back into the workplace instead of being on benefits until a child reaches school leaving age.surely that can only be good for the coffers at the income tax.nursery education is at the moment beyond the means of single parents.maybe more companies should be encouraged to provide nursery places for employees as part of their employment package.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Thu 15 May 2008, 9:21 pm

I can see were you are coming from thistle, but I am sure that a lot of problems with children later in life, is beacuse they have had parents who only think about money, and getting back to work, rather than spending time at home

Some of the "quick farm out the child" parents have had serious problems with thier children who seem to lose all lack of respect,

Maybe this is just my veiw, but I do have reservations on Carole Steere idea
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content