www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Young people 'taking advantage of benefits system'

3 posters

Go down

Young people 'taking advantage of benefits system' Empty Young people 'taking advantage of benefits system'

Post by GD Tue 22 Mar 2011, 4:59 pm

Unemployed youngsters in Jersey are taking advantage of the benefit system, according to a number of shop owners in St Helier.

They say they are being asked to sign benefit books for young people coming into their shops and making half-hearted attempts to inquire about vacancies so that the shop owners will sign their benefit books to say they have been actively seeking work.

But in reality, these shop owners say these young people turn up with little intention of gaining a job, and just want to claim their generous £90 a week benefit money.

Jersey's Minister for Social Security says he is aware of the problem and new measures to clamp down on benefit fraud are being introduced. (from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Young people 'taking advantage of benefits system' Empty Re: Young people 'taking advantage of benefits system'

Post by Thistle Tue 22 Mar 2011, 6:33 pm

ah well something both islands have in common then..these little as**oles wont work as long as benefits are being paid and nobody actually checks if they have been for interviews or that they have even attempted to find work
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Young people 'taking advantage of benefits system' Empty Re: Young people 'taking advantage of benefits system'

Post by kat Wed 23 Mar 2011, 8:46 am

i know many where i live await for their money ..makes me masd when i see my poor hubby struggle to go to work each day even though he has a disability and these lazy farts stop in bed moaning cos they did noit sleep very well .if they got their ass out of bed in the morning toi work they might just be able to sleep at night

sorry rant over
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 23 Mar 2011, 10:32 am

i totally agree kat..imo when these little twats are sent for interviews someone should go with them to see why thye are not suitable for a job x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Wed 23 Mar 2011, 11:10 am

i know many where i live await for their money ..makes me masd when i see my poor hubby struggle to go to work each day even though he has a disability and these lazy farts stop in bed moaning cos they did noit sleep very well .if they got their ass out of bed in the morning toi work they might just be able to sleep at night

sorry rant over
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Wed 23 Mar 2011, 6:26 pm

A HOTLINE and website set up to catch benefit swindlers have been flooded by Islanders seeking to shop fraudsters.

Since the public awareness campaign, ‘Benefit thieves – let’s stop them’, was launched by Social Security last week, the department has received nearly 90 tip-offs.

Contribution and enforcement manager John Poole said that he was delighted with the response.

‘As of Monday we had been contacted 87 times,’ he said. We had 51 through the phone line and 36 through the website,’ he said (from JEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Wed 23 Mar 2011, 10:02 pm

shame we have not got a hotline here it would be on meltdown
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum