www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey's Bradley Watson signed by promoter after win

4 posters

Go down

Guernsey's Bradley Watson signed by promoter after win Empty Guernsey's Bradley Watson signed by promoter after win

Post by GD Sun 27 Mar 2011, 10:41 pm

Guernsey super-flyweight Bradley Watson has been signed up by a top boxing promoter after winning his first professional bout.
The 21-year-old defeated Salim Salimov, of Bulgaria, 40-36 on points after four rounds in Southampton on Saturday.
In the audience was promoter Frank Maloney, who guided Lennox Lewis for much of his career.
Watson told the BBC that afterwards Maloney approached him and offered him a contract.
He said: "I just went in there with a game-plan and just boxed his head off, won the fight, won every round.
"Then Frank Maloney came up to me and signed me, and so now I'll be boxing regularly.
"Obviously my manager knows that I can be big in the flyweight division, so that's why he said to Frank Maloney 'look, you've got to come down and watch this kid'."
The Sarnian turned pro last summer having spent nine years in the amateur ranks of the sport. (from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey's Bradley Watson signed by promoter after win Empty Re: Guernsey's Bradley Watson signed by promoter after win

Post by Digger Sun 27 Mar 2011, 10:44 pm

A big well done to Bradley. Guernsey's Bradley Watson signed by promoter after win 346326
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Guernsey's Bradley Watson signed by promoter after win Empty Re: Guernsey's Bradley Watson signed by promoter after win

Post by Dell Mon 28 Mar 2011, 8:14 am

:bravoy: another successful Guernsey sportsperson :whooox:

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Mon 28 Mar 2011, 9:02 pm

good to see one of the watson family making the news for something other than baby making x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down